How far is Carib Blu from Downtown

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvleemin

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
We're considering staying at Carib Blue in Feb. What we were wondering is how far it is from downtown. Is it within walking distance? How much for a cab?

Thanks,

Darryl

Hi,
We're considering staying at Carib Blue in Feb. What we were wondering is how far it is from downtown. Is it within walking distance? How much for a cab?

Thanks,

Darryl

It's about a mile, and a 35 peso cab ride.

Just about everywhere we went from the Caribe Blu was a $4 US cab ride, it takes about 20 minutes to walk. We're going back in a couple weeks (we even met the great Gordon there when we were there in May), the walk is pleasant as long as the weather is good. The hotel is everything you need, but not fancy. We loved it. The price is very hard to beat if you add in a dive package. The shore diving isn't fabulous, but it's still fun explore, especially at night... for the price (free) again, you can't beat it.
Tim

Thanks.

How far from Corpus Christi is Carib Blue.

(As you can see I'm having trouble finding a good map showing any of this).

Darryl

The Corpus Christi neighborhood is behind (away from the water) the Chedraui market, which is on the south edge of town. It's a little closer to Caribe Blu than town is, but not by much.

Last Jan, the cab fare from Caribe Blu to the market ranged a LOT. Most consistently it was $3 (one way). We did it for as little as $2, and one guy tried to charge us $5, but we grabbed the cab behind him.

I'm not sure what the fare structure in Coz is for Cabs, but they sure have a stronghold on the transportation! My buddy paid $40 round trip for a ride into town for the south end! That can add up fast.....

Caribe Blu is great, unless you are partial to five star resorts in which case you will be disappointed. The rooms are large, the A/C is remote controlled, and works well, it was clean, and ask for a mini Frig, and you will get one if or when one is available (they don't have enough for ever room).

The food is good, and I enjoyed having lunch their daily. We ate dinner elsewhere most nights.

I think cab fees in general are a gamble. I felt lucky in May when most of our cab fares on Coz were $4, some 3, some 5...it didn't seem to matter which part of town we went, just got into the habit giving him a $5. I was waiting for one to come up with $32, but it didn't happen. I've been in Mexico, nothing against Coz.... I was in Atlanta last week a cabbie charged us $14 to drive us 2 blocks in the rain.
That would bring up another question, if you thought you were overcharged......would you protest.. or just pay it? I figured if one of the guys were WAY out of line (like $20 over), I would give him what I would expect to pay and walk off. Anyone else?
I can't work thinking of diving!!
Tim

[

(As you can see I'm having trouble finding a good map showing any of this).

Darryl[/QUOTE]

GREAT MAP of Cozumel here.

Mapchick.com home page

wouldn't go to Coz without it!

Jean
Caribe Blu Nov 12-16

I think cab fees in general are a gamble. I felt lucky in May when most of our cab fares on Coz were $4, some 3, some 5...it didn't seem to matter which part of town we went, just got into the habit giving him a $5. I was waiting for one to come up with $32, but it didn't happen. I've been in Mexico, nothing against Coz.... I was in Atlanta last week a cabbie charged us $14 to drive us 2 blocks in the rain.
That would bring up another question, if you thought you were overcharged......would you protest.. or just pay it? I figured if one of the guys were WAY out of line (like $20 over), I would give him what I would expect to pay and walk off. Anyone else?
I can't work thinking of diving!!
Tim

If I know what the fare should be, I just give it to them. There is a sheet that they are supposed to go by, and it says 35 pesos to the plaza for one or two people from Caribe Blu. If I don't know what it should be, I ask before I get in.

Tim

We always ask the fare before we get in .... if we know it's being quoted too high (based on the rate zones) we'll 'discuss' it and they will usually lower it to where it's supposed to be ...

Back
Top Bottom