How girls can avoid being hit on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe the op's friend is a newbie and doesn't understand dive-ese talk. When a guy says you have a great set-up, he's referring to your gear, not your personal attributes. When he asks you if you'd like to see his sausage, he's referring to his SMB (surface marker buoy). When he says he loves going down, he's referring to the dive. If he tells you he has an incredible SAC, he's referring to his air consumption rate. I could go on, but I think you get the picture. :D:D So many things can be misconstrued if you don't know the language. :eyebrow:

I agree it is all about communication................:lotsalove:

Maybe the op's friend is a newbie and doesn't understand dive-ese talk. When a guy says you have a great set-up, he's referring to your gear, not your personal attributes. When he asks you if you'd like to see his sausage, he's referring to his SMB (surface marker buoy). When he says he loves going down, he's referring to the dive. If he tells you he has an incredible SAC, he's referring to his air consumption rate. I could go on, but I think you get the picture. :D:D So many things can be misconstrued if you don't know the language. :eyebrow:

Love your post, well said.
I guess some people are forgetting how to have fun these days

Life goes on, and those who are scared to ask or talk will assume the other person is stuck up.

I was reading thru this thread and was quite impressed with the advertising going on here at the left. It may differ for you, but I saw adds for scubatoys extolling their resepct for women divers with great selection while images of male beefcake slideshowed by...

mind you of course, I want to buy a Bare wetsuit for some good reasons too... :mooner:

Ok I didn't read the whole thread. If she throws just one of the guys hitting on her off the boat (while underway) the others will quit.

you have to go and dive... maybe you will bump into us on a boat one of these days.

Actually, wait a minute, what part of California are you from? Some of us may actually HAVE bumped into you!

I stumbled upon this thread, but will add my 2 cents worth:

1. Watch the first few minutes of the movie "Hitch." His monolog at the beginning is enlightening.

2. Not every guy who talks to an attractive woman is "hitting" on her. However, it is my experience that when a pretty woman behaves like she thinks every man who talks to her is "hitting" on her, it is a sufficiently negative attribute that they will quickly stop ... especially the really good ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom