How I almost drowned -- twice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hope I'm never diving with you on a bad trip... :eek:

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." It was challenging diving, to say the least. We were all so exhausted that we kept falling asleep during the guide's after dinner lecture. It was an El Nino year and the currents were crazy and constantly changing. As a relatively new diver, I learned a lot -- some of it the hard way. I'd never had to deal with that kind of current before, and not just one current, but multiple! It was difficult staying with your buddy, let alone the rest of the group. Sometimes the pangas would be picking us up all over the place, pairs or small groups of divers hanging on to each other going up and down in the swells. I give those panga drivers lots of credit for getting us all back on board. On one dive, the Lammer Law had to pull anchor and go after one couple who was almost out of sight.

But one night, the WORST happened! We ran out of beer! Later that night, I heard the clink, clink of cases of beer being loaded onto our boat. Brought a whole new meaning to the term "Beer Run."

Back
Top Bottom