How is this for a newbie diving setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AK47Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ay opinions on this gear configuration? I'm planing on buying it from my LDS so if anyone has opinions, positive or negative, regarding the Regs, BCD, computer I'd appreciate it. I will use it diving in local lakes, quarries, Lake St. Clair, and Lake Huron for some wreck diving.

Aqualung Latitude BCD
Aqualung Titan LX Reg
Aqualung Octopus
Suunto Gekko Console and compass.

Is is worth upgrading to the Aqualung Malibu BCD, or will the Latitude suffice as I'm looking to save a bit as cost is an issue.

My only advice... Get what fits you best and most comfortable. My first set of gear I purchased was also from a local diving store. What I found out later… they sold me what fit them best... Largest mark-up. Needless to say I was very disappointed in the dive shop and their staff.

Back then, the selection wasn’t as nice, we had TUSA, USD, Sherwood and a few other small companies. Now there is a plethora of companies to choose from. Take your time go to other stores, shop prices online. Go to dive shows, D.E.M.A. or the SCUBA show in Claifornia. Sometimes you can test dive before you buy.
My computers have changed and so have my regulators over the years. However I still dive my old Back Horseshoe style weight integrated BCD. It is the best I have found for Photography and buoyancy control. I don’t know what I am going to do when it finally gives up the ghost.

Good Luck...

~Cheers~

Uhhh, I was just gonna say looks pretty good to me. Good luck and Good diving, enjoy your gear.

It is all good gear. As mentioned does it fit? Did you try it out? Best is not always best. Are the additional features in the upgrade worth the price difference to you? :D

It looks good from here!

<think about that>

Seriously, The only thing on the list that I haven't used is your BC, but if it fits you physically as well as financially, it will work. AL makes/markets good equipment.

I volunteer to try the gear out for you and let you know. Please make sure to get the BC in my size XL. I might not be able to ship it back to you for a few years....

Seriously, good luck with you purchase.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom