How long after having a child was it before you dived again?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tassie_Rohan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Did you find that after having a baby you and your partner simply didn’t have the time to go diving for years, or did you stop off on the way back from hospital to pick up a fill? :D

Just curious...

Cheers,
Rohan.

(sorry if this has been asked before – I don’t frequent the ladies section, honest!)

Last edited:
Yes Almity – I’m pregnant. :D Isn’t modern science a marvel?

Last edited:
What's wrong with having a gull? Congrats Tassie_Rohan.

I dove the day my son was born... but then I'm the father (even though the mother told me at the time he wasn't mine). Two of my occasional dive buddies have had children during our friendship. One who is pregnant with her third and is visiting next week for a little R&R hasn't done much diving since her first was born several years ago. Not sure about the other as we lost touch after she got pregnant and moved away with her diving hubby.

I hate when I'm so slow and everyone gets to make smart ass comments before I do!!

Congrats Rohan!!!!!

i went exactly one month later. i made my buddies carry the dubs, though, and got in the harness in the water. i wish they'd do that all the time, but it was a one-time thing...

Thanks for that BD – good to hear you were able to get back in the water soon after. Looks like I’ll be hunting around soon for dive resorts with a crèche, and liveaboards with childcare...

Any other diving mothers care to chime in with their experiences?

Now for that hard part: can anyone think of a name that has a diving/ocean theme?

Hhhmmm... How do these sound:

‘Deco’
‘Reg’
‘Viz’
‘Sorb’
‘Drager’

Actually – I don’t know if its ethical but some gear brands could make a good name:

‘Oceanic’
‘Mares’
‘Cressie’ (if not for that appalling banner ad of theirs: playing fetch with a snorkel indeed...)

Anyone able to think of any others?

Cheers,
Rohan

congrats Tassie... and i will happily babysit anytime!

you forgot Zeagle or Neptune

personally i think SpitFin has a nice ring to it :D

Congrats!!!

As a longtime divemaster, I have found that most new mothers do not dive seriously again until after breast feeding ceases (or two years-ish). Don't worry, when your child becomes a toddler babysitters will allow you back in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom