How long should it take for a quote?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdiver8

Contributor
Reaction score
I visited the USIA website and "built my own" drysuit and requested a quote on 2 different occasions. The first was sometime ago, so I know that one is not coming, the second was a couple days ago. How long should this take??

Thanks in advance!

diverdiver8:
I visited the USIA website and "built my own" drysuit and requested a quote on 2 different occasions. The first was sometime ago, so I know that one is not coming, the second was a couple days ago. How long should this take??

Thanks in advance!
Normally we forward those requests to dealers in the area. Most of the time they respond, but we don't really have a way of telling. Send me your name and I will go back and check on it. Sorry about that.

This is not a reflection on the manufacturer but remember that presale treatment is a good indicator of after sale service from a dealer

covediver:
This is not a reflection on the manufacturer but remember that presale treatment is a good indicator of after sale service from a dealer
Right..
Anyway talk to Ken from Underwater Sports in Seattle, they are very good with prices and know those suits' ins and outs. Underwater Sports are listed in the dealers directory on USIA site, sorry i cant recall the phone number of the top of my head.
Cheers.

I hear what your saying about not getting a quote back. I sent in a request a couple weeks ago, then today I finally went to a local dive shop and purchased one. It's a little custom, so it will be 4-5 weeks to get it back. I checked out all the brands, and for the money I firmly believe that USIA puts out the best product.

I ended up with a Aqua Deluxe suit... And if I could I would like to thank Randy @ Pacific Watersports (ALOHA, OR 503-642-3483 www.pacificwatersports.com). His price was the best I found (and believe me I checked), and the shop couldn't be more helpful....

I can't wait for the new suit.....

O.M.O.H.:
Right..
Anyway talk to Ken from Underwater Sports in Seattle, they are very good with prices and know those suits' ins and outs. Underwater Sports are listed in the dealers directory on USIA site, sorry i cant recall the phone number of the top of my head.
Cheers.
Right on, got a great price from Ken. Unfortunatly it doesn't fit and I'am 1300 miles away. For Sale cheap, medium Aqua Delux, (black and red) size 9 soft boots, virgin p-valve. One fresh water dive.

don O

They ignored my quote requests as well, and lost a sale as a result. I wound up buying a Bare Trilam HD suit instead (which by the way is a very good suit). Based on their customer service, I wouldn't buy USIA.

Please remember that all of the quote requests are forwarded to your local LDS. If you do not receive a quote, feel free to contact me direct at jerry@usia.com. Most LDS' are really good about contacting people, but sometimes they get busy or forget. If you ever have any issues with USIA customer service, make sure you contact me.

Odd that someone who just joined Scubaboard would go the the Manufacturer section and post in the area of the Manufacturer that he didn't go with...on one of his first 4 posts to the board.
gomi_

Back
Top Bottom