How long to 'break in' a new wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure I understand the concept of breaking in a wetsuit? I usually give mine about 300 dives to develop the holes and worn spots in all the right places, then I wear it for another 200-300 dives before the legs fall off and I can only use it for summer diving.

:rofl3: Yeah, I guess mine is still not borken in, no patches yet!

But seriously, after about 10ish dives I stopped feeling like the Sta Puft Marshmallow man, it was easier on and off, and to move around in. After I got used to it, I needed a little less weight to sink it.

That was what I thought the OP meant by breakin period...

:rofl3: But seriously, after about 10ish dives I stopped feeling like the Sta Puft Marshmallow man, it was easier on and off, and to move around in. After I got used to it, I needed a little less weight to sink it.

That was what I thought the OP meant by breakin period...

That is exactly what I meant! I definitely feel like a marshmallow right now! Thanks to everyone for your replies!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom