How major of NDL benefits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thankfully, I dive the warm waters of Florida and don't even own a drysuit. With my 5mm suit I use 4 lbs of weight with my aluminum case. For recreational diving my bailout is simply a 13 cu ft pony bottle. So the weight is very light. For deeper dives, say 165 fsw I will carry two 40 cu ft bottles of bailout (18/35 trimix and EAN 50). Still much lighter than doubles and stage bottles.

Like Brian, I'm a little concerned about having to open the displays every 20 hours of use to change the batteries. I've had to send the displays back once but the turnaround time was great and they've not been a problem since. It is still the weak point of the unit (IMHO) but the Shearwater and the new designs from VR3, etc should correct this.

Doug

I hate both of you guys for having to use such little weight. Arrrgh.!@!!

Honestly, very impressed with the SK combined weights. My Classic needs a 12 pound Fred T plate, 6 argon bottle, can light light + 40, or 80 bailouts & 02 for neutral trim. Lifting it one-handed off a boat bench is still possible, but not easy. I'd say it was in the 70-80+ range with all the doo-dads, minus bailout.

My KISS handset has boogered out. It's sitting waiting for a trip to Canada. :light:

Mr.X:
I'd love to see one. Too bad I am not in Thailand. Could use some authentic Pad Thai for lunch.
Yeah, I went to Thailand last year and even went to Andy's shop but neither saw Andy or a rebreather there. The pad thai was awesome though.:D

Hi Doug,
What does the elapsed time look like for a dive to a max depth of 130fsw? Do you use a computer to calculate a potential saw tooth profile, or do you use a square model for dive planning. I never plan to go beyond 150fsw, the majority of fishy wrecks in my mid-atlantic realm are that or less. If you are using software for your planning what is it? I was initially drawn to the sport kiss, and am glad to hear you are happy with it.
Feel free to pm me or address hear what ever you are comfortable with.
Eric

Waterpirate:

I usually dive my VR3 computer but cut tables as a backup. Here's a pretty typical multi-level profile for me diving a 130 fsw wreck:

V-Planner 3.75 by Ross Hemingway,
VPM code by Erik C. Baker.

Decompression model: VPM - B

DIVE PLAN
Surface interval = 1 day 0 hr 0 min.
Elevation = 0ft
Conservatism = Nominal

Dec to 130ft (2) Diluent Air 0.70 SetPoint
Level 130ft 12:24 (15) Diluent Air 1.20 SetPoint, 123ft ead
Asc to 90ft (16) Diluent Air 1.20 SetPoint,
Level 90ft 30:00 (46) Diluent Air 1.20 SetPoint, 72ft ead
Asc to 20ft (48) Diluent Air 1.20 SetPoint,
Asc to 15ft (48) Diluent Air 1.20 SetPoint,
Stop at 15ft 4:10 (53) Diluent Air 1.20 SetPoint, 0ft ead
Surface (53) Diluent Air -30ft/min ascent.

OTU's this dive: 69
CNS Total: 24.4%

This will allow you a 53 minute dive with only a 4:10 "safety stop" at 15 fsw by keeping your set point at a conservative 1.2. I use V-Planner which I purchased and downloaded off the internet.

If you are interested in the Sport Kiss, PM me. I'm a dealer and an instructor for them.

Doug

debersole,
Thanx for the info, I am still on the fence and will probably spend the winter running tables and profiles to try and make a decision for the spring. Will pm you for info if I decide to go rb.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom