How many brands in your kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man, I feel like I've got a short list compared to a lot of you guys!

Halcyon
Scubapro
DUI
Liquivision

I catagorically refuse to look at my gear to make a list. 1) I am too lazy. 2) It is a sad thing that so many have been sucked into this pit of consumerism. It is bad enough that we raid college funds just to switch over to new BCD or to run doubles, but then to fixate on brand identification...If you must make lists, at least start bashing other peoples rigs for christ's sake!!! This is SCUBA Board. If you guys don't start whining about other people's toys, I am going to complain to the Mod....

If you must make lists, at least start bashing other peoples rigs for christ's sake!!! This is SCUBA Board. If you guys don't start whining about other people's toys, I am going to complain to the Mod....

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Yeah, now start behaving like you are on an internet forum. mumblemumble slackers mumblemumble.

Bob
----------------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

...If you must make lists, at least start bashing other peoples rigs for christ's sake!!! This is SCUBA Board. If you guys don't start whining about other people's toys, I am going to complain to the Mod....

This thread is great for us males, who generally like to show off our toys, e.g. who has the biggest truck, shinniest gizmos, most thing-a-meg-jigs, etc. It strokes our ego and self vanity...it hits the "look at mine stuff" instincts that most males have. :chicken:

Or...maybe people just want to share (like TSansM :D).

Do we really need to whine on ScubaBoard all of the time...can't we save it for the next time a poor soul has a mishap in Cozumel, then drag up all of everyone's past. Oh wait now I am whining about whining.
:argument:

For the record...I still liked this thread.

Happy Friday :sblogo:
:madelook:
~Me~

DUI
SANTI
FOURTH ELEMENT
FABER
SCUBAPRO
OCEANIC
AQUALUNG (MISTRAL)
AGIR
HALCYON
SALVO
LIGHT MONKEY
SUUNTO
HESER
TURTLE
BARE
SEAQUEST
DTD
BUDDY
DSS
and various bits and pieces... indeed a remarkable list of brands

And yes of course... most (male) divers are equipment-fetishists... but I think you can extrapolate that to all equipment intensive hobbies...:)

Shearwater
Oceanic
rEvo
Hollis
Dive Rite
Light Monkey
Apeks
Catalina
Faber
OMS
Oxycheq
Luxfer
PST
Akona
Harvey's
Bare
Deep Sea
XS Scuba
EZCut
Spyderco
ColdSteel
Highland Steel
UK
Rochester Medical
LavaCore

Analox (O2 and CO analyzers)
Pelican (cases for everything)
Atomic (splits, masks, ST1, B2, M1s, Z1 if I ever find it, Cobalt)
Shearwater (Petrel)
Apeks (DS4/TX50s, DST/TX40)
Highland (8" bands/hardware; derlin doubles nuts)
Halcyon (27, 40, and 55lb wings; SS and AL plates/paks/harnesses; 400' reel; Scout; 4.5' SMB; assorted spools; 300 bar valves and manifolds; stage rigging kits; master SPG; lift bag; hoses and SS inflators; wetnotes; snaps and double enders out the :censored:)
Salvo (21W HID can; stage SPG)
Light Monkey (3W backup light; stage rigging kits)
Whites (Fusion Bullet)
Pinnacle (3mm and 7mm M-E wetsuits; wet and dry suit boots; gloves; black ice)
ScubaPro (jets)
Suunto/DSS (compass)
EZ-Cut (Trilobites)
Zeagle (20cf pony system, shears, SMB system)
Worthington (130s)
PST (100)
Luxfer (80s)
Gulftex (DIN plugs)
XS-Scuba (soft weights)
SI Tech (silicone seals and valves)
OMS (maybe a stage SPG)

Last edited:
No gear of mine is branded. Some does have my name written on it with a sharpie marker though. Brands tend to melt a lot of dive gear.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

k

No gear of mine is branded. Some does have my name written on it with a sharpie marker though. Brands tend to melt a lot of dive gear.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

k

Har har

Hog/edge
Xs
Piranha
Pinnacle
Tommy d's
Hollis
Diverite
Uwatech
Rondel