How many dives do you do on a dive day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tend to only do two dives a day.

Typically they last about 120 - 145 minutes apiece. I get too cold and tired to do a third dive.

Normally that runs to about 400 ft^3 of EAN32 and about 20ft^3 of O2.

I remember, back in my OW days, doing 8 dives a day. I burn through the same amount of gas on 2 dives now.

How times change.

Peter

Most days are 2 dive days. After the hassle of getting to the site, might as well dive a couple.

Most I dive on a trip is four. To tell the truth, after two or at most three dives, I feel tired in the evening and my wife expects to go out for dinner, so it's best to limit my dives to keep the peace.

Stan

I am still a new diver so I tend to be an air hog. I also rent my equipment at this time so I don't have cash or luxury to bring more than 2 or 3 tanks with me. I dive as many times as possible with the air I have with me (or until I reach the limits on the dive tables if I can refill the tanks at the dive site.) So far my most dives in one day have been 3. We were with a bunch of other divers (who were good friends of ours) and spent too much time cooking out and talking at our campsite to get any more dives in on those days. Sometimes the time spent having a good time with fellow divers is better than being in the water.

4 tanks a day couple of times a month on either the Spectre or the Peace, they are an hour away and the boat trip is about 1:15 from the dock. Makes for a great nights sleep afterwards. So far since January I've got 70 dives and my 11 year old has 44, his trips are grade dependant, :).

Fortunately for most of you, diving is pretty close. I live in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago. Lake Michigan can kiss my a#s with its cold water. I'm a warm water diver.

I go to Cozumel a couple of times a year and stay at Scuba Club. You get a two tank dive in the morning. The boats leave about 8:30 AM. You do your deep dive first of course. Then we take about an hour surface interval. Everybody drinks water or juice. I lay out in the sun.

If there are enough divers that signed up (you have to pay extra), they have a twilight dive which sometimes is the wreck dive, and then you do your night dive. So occasionally I'll get four dives in a day. I hate shore diving. I don't like carry all my equipment and tanks. Boat dives are the only way I'll go. Scuba Club recommends you do a shore dive right off their property. I used to do them, but I kind of fade into the sunset and "forget."

I know Cozumel like the back of my hand. I stayed 15 days this past May. Boy did I get my diving in.

I rarely do more than 1 per day. It usually takes me 1-2 hours to do post-dive write-ups, and my notes often get muddled if I do multiple dives.

When I took a liveaboard trip, I spent half of my time belowdecks, feverishly writing. 3 dives per day is brutal.

DandyDon:
I haven't been to The Sandwich Islands in nearly 20 years. Maybe I need to plan a trip over and show you how an old cowpoke does it...? :D You've been a member here for 1-1/2 years, and live on a primie diving site. You should be well beyond your first 100...?? :confused:

I got certified 1 year ago last month - but I was hanging around here asking questions like crazy for 6 months prior :wink: I would love to have more diving time in ... I just need a buddy with a weird schedule like mine lol - I figure I've been diving about 80 days this past year, (and I've cancelled about 1/2 my dives due to being buddyless) I'd love to make it 150 next year :D wanna come over and help? (I think it's time for you to take another trip here as well)

TSandM:
When Peter and I are in Maui at the beginning of February, maybe we can meet up and do that multi-dive Monday, and some skills practice as well!

I'll look forward to meeting both of you then :D

Sounds like there is a mixed group here with some of us who only have time for one dive/day then back to work and others who get five or six dives in per day.

Interesting reading your stories so far.

Aloha, Tim

Minimum of 2 dives, most of the time. And they tend to last about an hour each. There have been one dive days, but very few. Sometimes I'll throw a 3rd in, but it's rare. Minimum time to water for me is a 1.5 to 2 hour drive. My usual spot is 3 hours away. Not really worth the drive for 1 dive unless I have to be in the area anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom