How many dives per year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

V-Erthal

Reaction score
Hi!
Well, since i live in brazil, its very easy to get the gear in the car and go to some dive point at all year. You can drive for two or three hours and youre there. But, how do people do, minly in usa and europe? How many dives you can do in a year? Mostly salt water? Do you dive in lakes and stuff? Cause most dives here in brazil are boat, salt water.
Thanks in advance.

I do around 60 per year. About half salt water and half fresh water since I started teaching. And my travel budget has shrunk due to college expenses for the kid.

Joe

I've been averaging about 275 dives per year ... did almost 400 last year but I wasn't working. Now I'm back to work and it's down to 6 - 7 dives per week. Access to diving is easy where I live ... there are several nice dive sites within less than 1/2 hour drive from my home.

Almost all of my diving is salt water. Most are shore dives (no boat).

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

let's see.. on average 31.2 per year (that is 2.6 per month) since i was certified in September, 2001.

that includes a big dry spell i had to take off for medical reasons in 2003.

I just started last year and I dove 51 times. I have a 6 - 7 month window in which to dive since I only dive wet and am too wimpy to dive in the winter! It is all fresh water diving in the St Lawrence river or Lake Ontario. Driving time to dive is anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour. Many shore dives but the occasional boat dive as well.

Eric

I've been averaging about 50 a yr the last couple yrs, before that my diving was interrupted by a marriage so I didn't dive in water (maybe dove behind a couch) as much as I wanted. My dives are about 80% freshwater.

Danny

I'm averaging 33.5 dives per year. I'm hoping that I can get in 50+ this year. Most of my diving is off a boat and durring vactions and long weekends to the keys or other vaction destinations (I'm a WWW). I only occasion the local waters here and only in the summer for a dive fix.

I've been averaging just over 100/year. About 80% fresh water (Tahoe), and about 60% instructional.

NW - 400 dives in a year is fantastic man!

So far only 38 dives in 5.5 months, that extrapolates to about 83 per year, but my rate has been increasing lately (due to buying equipment rather than the hassle of renting it - and wanting to get my money's worth out of it) and so i am aiming at around 100+ by november on my OW anniversary (my GF on the other hand has just got about 20 in the same time). Its a 75/25 fresh/salt split so far, becoming 70/30 this weekend with a few dives on the sugar barge and maybe out fossil hunting again at Venice. Oh and its anything from 40 mins to 3-4 hours driving depending on my desires/offers to dive.

I got certified last summer August and have done about 20 dives since. I hope to up the frequency though! Usually I'll just do one dive on the days I go out. It is only about a 15 minute drive to the beach so that is no problem. Some days when I don't feel like lugging around all of the equipment then I'll just go out snorkeling and check out the leopard sharks. I have never tried diving in fresh water before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom