How many fin Patents do you own.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Evans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Most of my Force Fin Patents have run their course, that's one reason you might start to see our Technology being used by others.
img001.jpg

Did you have to assert your patents against anyone? If you don't want to answer, no worries. Just curious what your experience was as an owner of scuba-related patents.

Unfortunately the patent system is a clusterf*** these days and USUALLY not worth pursuing for small inventors or startups. It really only benefits big corporations and patent trolls now.

Unfortunately the patent system is a clusterf*** these days and USUALLY not worth pursuing for small inventors or startups. It really only benefits big corporations and patent trolls now.
Totally agree, spent around $750.000 in Patent cost, not counting the time to make each design. Was a total waste of time, but we did again file for Patents on our Deep Water Desal project and the Patents are worth Millions. ...not like a fin business And they have issued in the US and else where. CHESS+EVANS LLC Susanne Chess and I holders.
chess003-fw.jpg

Did you have to assert your patents against anyone? If you don't want to answer, no worries. Just curious what your experience was as an owner of scuba-related patents.
Funny you bring this up, just recently dumped all the legal files against several groups of folks. Being the first to Patent " Split Fins" we had to fend off several creepy Dive Companies but won in the end. Sad story and totally waste of my time. Better to use your cash on a good marketing plan. In a case right now over our Trade Mark Name Force Fins.
bob-art-draw023-fw.jpg

Holly Smokes, thank you. Makes me proud as a American Designer. Found a picture of Susanne and I on our way to MOMA exhibit, New York. Tan Delta Ruby Red Force Fins were on display for " Mutant Materials in Contemporary Design. May 25, 1995. Looking back it was a adventure meeting so many cool people and now being able to share this stuff with friends on SB...hey going into two big boxes full with all sorts of shi....will post later. Again Thanks. Bob
fw.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom