How many lights needed for the GoPro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the photo 500 have flood only and the dive 500 are spot only

For video purpose you need either the photo 500. Any light from 800 above has flood

500 lumens is not as much as it seems and two 500 are only sufficient for 3-5 feet distance

Twin Solas, the 500's only have spot beam, not a flood wide angle mode, like the 600's 800's or 1200's.

My twin 600's met my performance needs and price point as I them for $600 for the pair. That same $600 only buys a single 1200, plus then you need to budge in arms, I used flex line-loc system all bought through Backscatter.

Yes I've compared the Sola 600 side by side with the 1200's, and the 1200's ARE much brighter, but it comes down to $$$$$$$ and you're end results you want.

But by all means get twin lights.

Solo 500 Photo offers a flood beam with 3 lumen settings. 500, 250 and 125. The Solo 500 Dive offers a spot beam with the same three setting. I like two light for more control of my shadows and lighting setting. Hope this helps. :D

I use twin SOLA 1200's on my setup. I still want more light. I am going to have a video light built. These things love light.

My wife has 2 SOLA 1200's coming.

Awesome! They are great lights. Amazing for OW. I need more for caves though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom