How many military/ex-military people on the board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 more years until I retire

<--- Me last year, and me again next year.

Army Reserve / Desert Storm vet here. 1988-1993 MP (433rd MP co), 1993-2001 Career Counselor (90th RSC-Little Rock, AR). Stationed in Mainz, GE during "the storm"

Army Reserve / Desert Storm vet here. 1988-1993 MP (433rd MP co), 1993-2001 Career Counselor (90th RSC-Little Rock, AR). Stationed in Mainz, GE during "the storm"

I was under the 90th until it went out. My group (366 MP) was the last group to deploy under the TO patch in 2008. A lot of great history in the 90th!

wow, old thread! Cpl. USMC 84-88

5 1/2 yrs in the US Navy; wife served the USN for 4 yrs.

In 1963; Nov. was a Good and VERY BAD month.
I was aboard the HMS Ark Royal as a 'Trade-In' ( swap a U.S dude for a U.K. Dude for a week). This was an experience I won't forget. Your sailors were top notch to me and the rest of the crew. The week went by TOO FAST! Then the PARTY aboard the Ark Royal saw me getting totally DRUNK and brought back to the USS ESSEX as planned. That morning (early) the lights went on as we were in our bunks sleeping it off - A Master Chief said "Gentlemen, get up and prepare for Battle Stations because the President has just been KILLED! When a Master Chief speaks - You listen and do as you are told! We crabbed some extra gear and headed to our battle stations (stopping at the galley for something to eat on the way). My station was a 5 inch / 36 gun mount on the port aft of the ship. The temperature was already over 90 before the sun was already up. Three days found us back and forth watching for whatever was coming. Nothing did come except a darn good sunburn and headaches from hunger and no sun glasses.
One thing that will be etched deep in my mind and I look at it with very much appreciation and fondness is - when the ships around us split off and steamed away - The Ark Royal passed us at Port side with all hands giving us a salute and the jack was at HALF MAST !! Like I said - Your sailors are Tops in my book. Your fly boys were impressive as well.

I didn't dive back then (started in 1980) but sometimes when I am on a trip and dive with some 'Britts', I do so enjoy the memories that come flooding back to me.
Be safe my friend
Stay Wet!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom