How many New Englanders own drysuits?

New Englanders - Do you own a drysuit?

• Yes

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 60.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

King Kong Matt

Contributor
Reaction score
More than just an informative poll...

I would like to understand potentially how big/active our group will be during the coming months.

As a follow-up, if you only dive wet, approximately when do you stop diving locally?

Last year I had one dive in october, and one in november. It was a little too chilly to do two dives in a day.

I'll be getting a drysuit sometime this winter... but I'm not quite sure when.

Drysuit or not... I'll most likely be out of the water from January through mid March. I'll racing two nights a week, plus a lot of weekends as well.

KK Matt:

I dive dry throughout the entire year. I just keep adding things to keep me warm (thicker underwear, Argon, and, possibly, a dry hood and gloves)

Before I bought the drysuit, I dove year round in a two-piece 7mm Farmer John. What convinced me to go dry was the day that I found ice on my chest (not my suit) during a surface interval at Folly Cove. I was so cold that I had to cancel the second dive.

I'll show you the drysuit on Sunday. In the meantime, good luck on Saturday.

In terms of when to purchase, sooner is probably better. It'll start chilling down soon. Most of the boats are out of the water in January. Thus, in order to get some use out of the suit this year, you should start your training early so that you will be ready when it really gets cold.

As you know I have a dry suit and love it. I am hoping to be diving into late Nov. But who knows maybe longer with the fall we are having. Of course my partner doesn't have one yet so the season may fall short depending on if he can handle the cold.

I'll probably keep diving in it untill either the water or the air gets too cold (i.e. 50ish). The wetsuit doesn't fit as well anymore as it used to, so I seem to get cold easier. I'm guessing end of October, maybe early Nov., but beyond that it just stops being fun anymore. Last Sun. the air was about 55 after we got out of the water at Folly at sunset and I allmost jumped back in the water just to warm up :D

-Roman.

Wetsuit only. I'll dive through the end of November, depending on air temps.

December -- air temps get too cold for me to enjoy 2 dives and too much pre-holiday-related stuff going on to have any time....

Someone invited me out for a New Year's day dive last year and I declined. Maybe this year.....?

First dive this year was first weekend in April down in Woods Hole. There was light snow that morning. Water temp was 41. One dive was enough...;-)

Dry suit DUI CLx-450 with Weezle Extreme undergarments and Diving Concepts dry gloves. Works for me.......Arduous

Dive wet and have no idea how long I will last. My suit keeps me pretty warm in the water so as long as the weather holds I will continue diving. Last year my last dive was in Aug due to lack of buddies. Of course at the time I didn't know about this board.

I have a older DUI shell suit!
I dive with a wetsuit most of the time. Been diving every month of the year with a wetsuit too!! Now that Im back on my diet maybe ill be using my drysuit soon :)
Rick L

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom