How many New Englanders own drysuits?

New Englanders - Do you own a drysuit?

• Yes

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 60.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got a drysuit in Albany, and I'm always on the lookout for buddies. It's so hard to get my diving friends to get out!!

jonnythan once bubbled...
I've got a drysuit in Albany, and I'm always on the lookout for buddies. It's so hard to get my diving friends to get out!!
PM me sometime if you want to dive. I live in Western Mass, about 1.5 hours from RPI. BTW, I went to WPI.

I've got a drysuit, also...though, since the zipper leaks, it isn't so dry. But, that's all I use...I don't own a wetsuit. My philosophy on drysuit diving is the more you use it, the easier it is. Unless I am diving in tropical waters or my suit is in for repair, I'll stick with diving "dry".

A word of advice:
Never buy a drysuit used. I did and I regret it. With all the repairs, it'll end up being about the same amount as a new Andy's.

I dive year round. I add to my "base" of Weezle Extreme undergarment as needed. I will NEVER dive wet again if I have a choice.

I currently use a wetsuit and dove last year 2nd week of October and it was much colder than this year in regards to water and air temperature. If the weather stays good, probably until it gets unbearable.

My wetsuit keeps me comfortable to about 40 degrees, so I anticipate diving through November, and tapering off to a few single tank days as the air temperature drops. I'll probably be out January through March, and picking up again in mid-april.

I need some time off to ski and get my tattoos touched up.

I dive dry year round, in the winter I break out my dry gloves.

Really, I think some best of diving around here is in the winter. You can get days with 40-60' of vis, it can get really crazy. I'd take 1 winter dive for 5 summer anyday, and of course spring is great (warm air, cold, clear, algae free water).

I'm getting my drysuit zipper repaired sometime next week. That means two weeks in a wetsuit, but it'll mean I'm dry at the end!

Cost is ridiculous--$300

AaronBBrown once bubbled...
I'm getting my drysuit zipper repaired sometime next week. That means two weeks in a wetsuit, but it'll mean I'm dry at the end!

Cost is ridiculous--$300

so does Aaron get to vote twice? Will this mess up the poll? :) ok, I'll do anything not to do the work I am supposed to be doing right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom