How many people love Vintage Equipment Diving ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What an ugly thing to say....does this mean we are not friends anymore? You know, if I thought you were not my friend, I just do not think I could bear it.

N

OK Doc! :wink:

Vintage equipments collectors are multiplying in Turkey. Especially USA doublehose and the other equipments more interested. Material in hand running smoothly and at're considering selling, please PM . 22th june we organize second Turkish Vintage equipment diving in Istanbul.

For anyone interested in MK7's. I have about a dozen. I have been a full time service technician since 1985 and work in a 41 year established full service dive center. In short, we have a lot of stuff we have collected over the years. I would be interested in selling them in any condition. Like they are or I can service and even insure they honk. feel free to contact me for hard to find parts, too. Best contact info is LMDiving@comcast.net.

Back in the vintage days, I loved diving what is now vintage equipment. However, I'm much older now and I prefer my gear to be much younger than I am. I also prefer my women that way. Unfortunately, they don't seem as keen on vintage guys!

It would be very hard to find diving equipment older than me, but there is plenty of stuff much younger than me that I absolutely avoid. This is true of women as well, now that I think about it.

The Mk V /109/108 or Mk10/G250/109 combinations I use most often are pushing 50, but somehow don't seem old, and are certainly not outdated in any way. The ages of the HP tanks I like are mostly still in single digits, though. I do a lot of shallow inlet diving, and usually don't need or use a BCD.

I guess I see it less as vintage diving and more as just using what I already have, what I know and understand well, what does an excellent job effortlessly and with a minimum of fuss. Just like activities in other areas.

I'm a little different, in that I like to get old gear that wasn't successful, and try to figure out the engineering design flaws that kept it from being good. An example is the Dacor Dart regulator; I now have three of them, and each had some sort of design problem. Mostly it was with the LP diaphragm being too stiff. But the Dart II second stage has a venturi piece of metal on it which gives it a honking sound upon inhalation--very annoying.

I also dive to observe very small aquatic life, and like my double hose regulators for that reason--I can get very close to the and see very interesting behaviors.

SeaRat

I have a collection of vintage equipment ,I have almost every brand regulators.. I am diving mostly deep sea usually sunken ships. I get great pleasure dive with vintage equipments.I have never not seem to let 2 regulators,Royal Mistral and Scubapro MKV.
My tanks 9+9 La Spirotehnique and a middle of these tanks a 5 liter has Scubapro MK V for deco.
I use this equipments to 180-200 feet but for deeper Apeks XTX200 has the best performance regulator for me and many people in the world like this regulator.
I began to dive in the early '70s and my first choice is still the way to diving vintage equipmants.If you do care I never saw in fail a Royal Mistral.I am a far away country first started vintage diving ..Now we are 20 divers and 5 collectioners in Turkey.. If I'd prefer performance every dive was done by my Apeks XTX200.
Recemondation vintage equipments dive to young divers and should be share and enjoy this hobby ..

Last edited:
Back in the vintage days, I loved diving what is now vintage equipment. However, I'm much older now and I prefer my gear to be much younger than I am. I also prefer my women that way. Unfortunately, they don't seem as keen on vintage guys!

Dr. Bill, that is nothing a vintage van can't fix!

Back
Top Bottom