How many regulators do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5 1sts, 6 2nds (after I sold 4 2nds awhile back.) Might also have a vintage set that snuck into the house when I wasn't looking.

I'm a rec diver, how does this happen?

The kids are grown and out of the house, so we're downsizing as we get ready to sell our barn of a house and move into something smaller, cheaper and easier to maintain.

I recently traded two regs and some other gear for a new BC.

So now my wife and I have one reg each.

The kids are grown and out of the house, so we're downsizing as we get ready to sell our barn of a house and move into something smaller, cheaper and easier to maintain.

I recently traded two regs and some other gear for a new BC.

So now my wife and I have one reg each.

...ah, the voice of sanity! :) For me, it's not so much the basic 1st/2nd stages that are so expensive, it's all the upgrades (MIFLEX/Atomic swivel hoses, and especially the A. I. computers) that run up the 'real world' costs of a fully complete reg set.

Don't confuse wants with needs. I only need one, I have 9, I want one more, a twin hose.

The bottom line is you can only dive one at a time, unless you are a tech diver and then it could be 4 hooked up on one dive.
I think half of the joy of diving is the dive itself and the second part of the joy is fondling, hugging, and petting your dive gear.

It would be intersting to find out who is the biggest reg hoarder on earth and see what they have. I wonder if they are a member of SB?

I have 7
2 for warm caves
2 for cold sidemount
1 for stage
1 for O2 bottle
1 for single tank/ open water

The bottom line is you can only dive one at a time, unless you are a tech diver and then it could be 4 hooked up on one dive.
I think half of the joy of diving is the dive itself and the second part of the joy is fondling, hugging, and petting your dive gear.

It would be intersting to find out who is the biggest reg hoarder on earth and see what they have. I wonder if they are a member of SB?

...I'm sure the winner of the biggest reg hoarder contest is over on 'thedecostop.com', that crowd will blow away pretty much everyone 'over here' with respect to 'excessive toyz factor '!

i *own* a singles set and a doubles set.

BUT - i use another set for doubles, a set for sidemount, one for deco, a couple for stages...and i'm nowhere close to wiping my bf out of regs. he's one of the aforementioned hoarders - known here as da aquamaster. he must have 50 or so just himself.

Back
Top Bottom