How many Scouts and Scouters are on ScubaBoard (Boy Scouts)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OneBrightGator:
I'm a third generation scout, the first Eagle Scout (1999) in my family and was in scouting since a Tiger (and both parents were too). I also made it to Sea Base 4 times as a scout.

GDI... I've been to Lanoche more than once, is it true it's Seminole for "Mosquito Headquarters in the Middle of Nowhere" :wink:

Ben
Me no speak Seminole. GDI Come from up north mosquito and black fly very BIG

3rd generation scout...

My grandfather and father were eagles with palms. Grandpa was awarded a silver beaver for his scouting work and my dad was the NJ comissioner for a year or so when I was active in my local troop.

Although I only ever made it to star, I was the senior patrol leader with several eagles under me...
I had to help some of them put up tents on trips as they had made eagle by doing every non-camping badge... I kinda lost interest in being an eagle cause of them to an extent. I was interested in BEING a scout, not collecting signatures...

I was a lifeguard and taught all the water merit badges for 2 summer camp seasons at Camp Winnabago in NJ.

My first scuba dive ever was on a FL seabase trip about 20 years ago.

Eagle in '89, Troop 205 of Kalamazoo, Michigan. Many fantastic experiences back then, from a month tour of Europe, canoeing the whitewater of Maine, Boundary Waters Minnesota, rafting the Colorado River, touring the U.S. East Coast, skiing in Aspen/Snowmass/Steamboat Springs, CO, and of course Philmont. Nice memories.

Jim

I never was in scouts as a kid. I am my sons Den leader though. Its Bears this year. Pack 3877 Den 3.

Jim

I started Scouting in Canada at about age 6, although I accompanied my father (a Scouter) on camping trips (including winter-- I still remember the cold!) when I was about three or four. Continued until my early twenties.
Now that I have started a family of my own, and if my children want to be Scouts, I look forward to being a part of the experience with them.
Great memories...

I was a Scout as a youth and am now a Scoutmaster . I got back into scouting when my son was seven. He received his Eagle in 1996 and has moved on but I love the camping too much to get out.

I've been involved with scouts one way or another for close to 40 yrs. Cub, Scout, Scoutmaster, Wood Badge, Committes and so on. Just registered for the last few years but still a scout.

Joe

I made to first class then how to bowout of scouting, was getting rather hard to accomplish anything since I was always moving. The shop that I work for, every summer goes to the local scout camp and certifies them. This summer we are looking at doing about 20 scouts, I think I will really enjony doing it.

I made it to Star, then quit -- scouting was sooo uncool in the late 70s....

Got back into it with my boys. Have been asst Scoutmaster, Scoutmaster and now Venture leader. My boys are 14, 15 and 16, and are all Life scouts working on projects. All three are also certified and we dive in Monterey.

I have found that diving with my sons has engendered more trust, teamwork and bonding moments than scout trips. For one thing diving is about learning one set of skills very well, whereas scouting is about learning a little about a lot. I think the real value is in the learning. A good self image is important to youth today, and both scouting and diving allow them to learn and feeling good about who they are and what they can do.

Now if they will just finish their eagle projects... LOL

RJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom