How many sessions did you take to pass OW certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got the book that I was supposed to read before the class and then had two weekends (four days). The first weekend was pool and academics and the second weekend the four OW dives. All could have been a little more thorough though...

My ssi cert was 2 - 2hr classrooms, 2 pool dives, 4 ow (the last 2 ow were from a boat)

If I remember correctly, We were required to have the quiz at the end of each chapter finished before we came in. The quiz and the sections were reviewed and questions answered. I had 3 +/- 4 hour classroom sessions and 2 4 hour pool sessions. Then there was the open water dives. 4 dives (in 2 days) which included planning and completion of all required skills with some exploration at the end of the last dive. The dives were logged and the paperwork completed after each OW dive. If I think back on my training, everything for entry level diving was covered.

I did SSI too, we had 3 classes, about an hour and a half each class was spent on classroom stuff, and another 2.5 hours in the pool, then 4 check out dives in 2 days. Just finished today! We also had to have the quizes done for the sections when we came to class, we reviewed those and the info in the chapters.

I did 3 two hour pool sessions and three 2 hour classroom sessions for my NAUI basic, then a checkout dive and two open water dives for my OW cert. On the NAUI basic exam I got only one question wrong.

1 Week of home study,(spent 2 hours a night) 6-7 hours of class time over 2 days(the last 1-1 1/2 hours going over tables) 10 hours pool time over 2 days and 4 open water check out dives in monterey over 2 days. It was all pretty easy but had a lot more intensive schedule and I learned a lot more with PADI this time than when I got certified by NAUI in 1976

I don't remember the exact amount of class time, but we did 2 classes per week for 5 weeks. Each class consisted of approximately 1 hour of class time and 1 1/2 to 2 hrs pool time. We had about 15 minutes of free pool time each class to practice skills learned during previous pool sessions. Quizzes were given after each chapter. Before doing the OW dives we had to pass a final exam. We then did the OW dives 1 & 2 on a Saturday and 3 & 4 on Sunday.

Like when I was in the back of the ambulance clutching the Nos bottle, once I got my hands on a tank and reg I disappeared and haven't surfaced since.

Swimming maskless eyes open underwater since post babyhood possibly assisted

Retrieving lost bits and pieces from the 16' pool worked wonders with the girls

The bandaids were a bit bletch though

I did my OW training through the YMCA program ... it consisted of eight 2-hour class sessions and eight 2-hour pool sessions ... plus five checkout dives.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom