How many tanks do you have?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed Palma

Contributor
Reaction score
In line with the thread in the regulator forum asking "how many regs..." I thought of the tank discussion for something that not all divers would have. When I started out looking for tanks, people would always ask me "what for?" considering that resorts would lend out their tanks.

I dunno. I think that having a lot of compressed air is great :D I can clean stuff, service my regs, spray-paint my car...

I've currently got 9 tanks all to myself.

1 100cuft steel tank
4 LP72s
2 Al80s
1 Al40
1 13cuft (for my pressure pot and tire refilling needs)

TankFamilyPhoto.jpg

C'mon. I've seen others with waaaaay more tanks. Show.

1 set of HP 100 doubles. nitrox
2 HP 120 nitrox
3 HP 100
2 LP 72
1 hp 27 my big fat pony.
all of them are steel
dont get me wrong i didn't set out with the intent to have so many they just keep showing up and i keep finding them a good home.

Last edited:
Heck, I told myself I'd be happy with just one...

let's see....

4 AL80 singles (one or two of them are also stages)
1 set of AL80 doubles
2 HP100 singles
1 set of HP100 doubles
2 HP130 singles
1 HP119 single
1 set of LP72 doubles
2 AL40's
1 AL19
2 AL14's
2 AL6's

I think that's all, but I very well could be forgetting one or two.

Heck, I told myself I'd be happy with just one...

same here, I started with two AL80's and they have been multiplying ever since...

Two sets of alum 80 doubles and two alum 40 deco bottles. In the past I have owned two single steel HP 100's then turned them to doubles. Also a single steel HP 130 that broke my back a few times.

If you told me two years ago the the alum 80's would be the tanks I like the best. Would have said your crazy but after one dive with double alums I was hooked. They ride very nice in the water.

Currently I'm at 12, but I just sold 4, and I am on the hunt for another lp 104 to double up.

1 - al6
1 - al30
2 - al40
3 - al80
4 - st72's (2 single, 2 doubled)
1 - st 104.

In the past I have owned and sold off double 130's, double 108's, double 45's, single 72's and single 80's. Tank collecting is an addiction for me haha.

Just as an aside, I am going to add that the only tanks I have ever purchased new, were the al40's, as they are like gold around here for deco bottles. There are lots of good deals on used tanks if you know what you are looking at.

Last edited:
Too many to keep track of. I forgot about a set of doubles that are in the shop waiting a part to rebuild the manifold. <I think> that one is my 3rd set of doubles, plus about 4 AL80s (it culd be 6), plus AL40, AL19 and medical oxygen cylinders. I'll have to wade into the garage to count everything to be sure.

I think I really need to go back into the local diving. Too much travel diving (like thats a bad thing)

seven

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom