how many tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divin'Hoosier:
Five - two steel HP100s, two aluminum 80s and one 30 cf pony bottle.

I'd say you need two tanks and that should do you for awhile. One is a pain because you have to get a fill in the middle of a 2-dive day (who wants to do a 1-dive day?). With two you can have a nice, leasurely two-dive day and then have them filled later for your next dives. If you're diving the whole day, you only need to have them filled once and you can get in 4 dives.

Well 2 will be good, but at this point 1 dive is all I can do. new diver I use all my air on one dive Im not that good with the air yet.

Currently I have the following:

A set of double 130s
Double 100s
Double 72s minus a manifold
2 single 119s
2 AL6s
1 AL40

In the past year I've also owned:

2 98s
a set of double 95s
and a MP 120 (briefly, what a water heater!)

I like tanks.

I have 4 right now 2 al 80's a 63 for the wife and a steel 72. I like not having to fill my tanks between dives.

Presently I have 6. 4 HP80s and 2 HP100s, all steel of course. 2 more of either size would be nice for logistics but a compressor may be a more effective solution once I weigh he cost of cylinders, fills, mileage chasing fills and personal time doing same. These are to cover the use of my wife and myself.

Having enough to cover a dive day is a nice way to be. If you own one there is always the option of renting additional cylinders to save the road time on multiple dive days. You will have the need to visit the shop once or twice to fill yours anyway. Having them on standby at home lets you maximize dive opportunities.

Pete

I have 8 steel 72's and a set of steel 50's doubles.

My current tanks:

2 x 12.2 litre 232 bar steels, singles, but used for independant twins when needed
2 x 10.2 litre 240 bar steels, singles, but used for independant twins when needed
2 x 5 litre, 232 bar steels (used for deco mixes)
2 x 9 litre, 140 bar steels (O2 stages, positively bouyant)
1 x 3 litre, 207 bar ally - don't use this much
1 68 ltre, 300 bar cascade tank (banked EAN40)
2 50 litre, 420 bar cascade tanks (banked air)
1 42 litre, 350 bar cascade tank (banked EAN40)
5 50 litre, 150 bar cascade tanks - not used much, really just for holding scavenged gas
1 50 litre, 200 bar O2 supply cylinder

Makes for a lot of steel in the shed!

Then of course, there are the two working compressors, and the rest in pieces...

I would recommend that you rent AL80's until you dive often enough to justify the purchase. Then, save your bucks to buy steel. You will love the bouyancy characteristics. I went for 2 Worthington HP 100's, and have not regreted it at all (although I do have a AL30 Pony).

Dive Safe.

I have one tank, it's an M-48 Patton. It kick's butt. I'd like an M-1 Abrams but that's pretty spendy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom