• >$10

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • <$3

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • $0

Votes: 44 24.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d33ps1x:
25 cents at the local gas station. Only need it about once every few months to top up the car tires though. :D

This made me laugh. When I did my OW certification dives I dove in Puerto Rico on vacation. I showed up at this little out-of-the-way dive shop (that I had never seen before) at 8:00 am and two guys from the shop were out in front with a tank hooked up to the tire of a car. Now, I know they were filling the tire (pressure difference and all), but the thought just made me laugh thinking about filling scuba tanks from the air in car tires. Gives you lots of confidence in the shop doesn't it?

$3 a fill with an aircard, $4 for singles.

The LDS here also has an option to buy a years worth of fills for $40, which is what I do with one of my tanks - I dive two tanks far less than I do a single dive at this point. I'll have 70-80 dives this year, which is ~$.50 a fill :) could be less if I could afford being in the water more and had the time.

FREEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Free air, free nitrox and free trimix if you can blend your own at our club!!!!!! Unless you come on wednesday, saturday or sunday, then they have someone who can blend it for you, unless you want to drive to their other branch about 40 miles away, then they do it on monday, tuesday, thursday and friday. They only have one person qualified to mix trimix between two branchs.

My lds has a deal where for $99 they sell you air for life. This means that you get free air fills for the life of the tank. If you sell the tank, the new owner gets air for life. After a couple hundred fills, I'm really ahead. Other shops around here charge $4 or $5. So how do I vote?

Only 4 bucks on the coast of Maine. Costs more in gas to drive my truck to and fro..........

I might have to join your club - with my tmx bills it would be worth it to drive to PA for free fills...
junior diver:
FREEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Free air, free nitrox and free trimix if you can blend your own at our club!!!!!! Unless you come on wednesday, saturday or sunday, then they have someone who can blend it for you, unless you want to drive to their other branch about 40 miles away, then they do it on monday, tuesday, thursday and friday. They only have one person qualified to mix trimix between two branchs.

here in oklahoma , i pay $5.00 a fill but i have to drive 80 miles around trip and take my wife out to eat while there , so it might cost me $ 30.00 a fill !

I’ll do a shameless plug for the dive shop in Plano where I do some shopping, and also where I get my cylinders and air.

Blue Dolphin is the place. The staff, management and owner are all really good people. Although I don’t spend a ton of money there (I buy from 3-4 shops in town), they treat me like a long-lost friend. And, since I get my cylinders there, they give me free air for life. Not a bad deal at all.

They just had a Halloween get together in Athens TX last weekend, and Sharon and I had a blast! I won a mask (Scubapro MicroFrame), a yellow slate for writing about fish, and Sharon won an Akona roll-around gear bag.

Charley

ae3753:
Heard that a tank of air varied quite a bit, and was curious what others pay.

I get free fills, argon, helium, O2, air.

Plus, I get to fill my own cylinders (and sometimes customers, I'm not an employee).

I kick in every 2-3 months for T bottles, but only out of guilt.

Back
Top Bottom