• 20 hours a day

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have a water proof, pressure resistant Lap top

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • never

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
I was just here going over my SAC Rate and it hit me

Why not ask the members how often they visit the board.

I selected the 20 hours per weel choice since it is closer than the other available selections...

Of course those 20 hours are many many many visits per day just to read the new threads and replies... Those visits lasts from minutes to hours depending on my free time and on the traffic of the boards...

Maybe some weeks I add up more than 20 or more than 30 or more than 50 hours per week :)

Manogr

I am not very good at the grey area

I should have included the actual time you spend reading the post but then I thought about the actuall time you are logged on would be interesting as that would be inclusive of the time you are actually reading the posts so I changed the title of the poll from that of the title of the post, from how many times you visit to that of the time you are ON.

I picked 1 hour per day but it may be more or less. I check the board at least twice a day and the time I am on depends on how much new and interesting material is here, also how many messages I write and the amount of detail in each.

I'm usually on for an hour or so on a weekday. 2 or 3 on weekend days. I will be on less in the warmer months.
When I first joined the board, I would read all the new posts every day. I think now that would be like a full time job! It's good the way the forums are. we can check the areas that interest us without having to dig through it all.

It is ahrd to say. I am only online while I am at work. I never use my home internet access. So while I was on vacation for the first ten days of April, I did not visit at all. However, when I work, I keep the board up for the eniter ten hours and just hit refresh every ten minute or so depending on how busy I am.

I CHECK IN ABOUT ONCE AN HOUR WHILE WORKING. IT BREAKS UP THE WORK DAY. KEEPS ME DREAMING OF MY NEXT DIVE AND GEAR PURCHASE.

I check it several times a day when a computer's available. I'm hooked :) :) :)
Rick
PS Fishkiller, your thread question asks "how often" - your poll asks "how much time" - vastly different questions... :)

Everyday as soon as I get home from work it is the board and email as a ritual. On the weekends I may spend even more time going through more of the forums here. This place is addictive.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom