How old do you go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am only 53, my plans call for continued sport and technical diving through my 60's....then maybe just sport dives....we'll see. :)

I too am only 53 and will continue to dive my doubles, dry suit, cold water, caves, wrecks, scooter, etc until I can no longer handle my doubles. Then I will switch to smaller doubles, then to single tank, etc. I plan to be diving for a very long time!

.. until I can no longer handle my doubles. Then I will switch to smaller doubles, then to single tank, etc. I plan to be diving for a very long time!
Maybe someday we won't need 70 lbs worth of steel/alum to hold 12 pounds of air.
Wouldn't that be nice.
hmmm.. Maybe that means rebreathers will get more popular with the 'golden members' :D

Maybe someday we won't need 70 lbs worth of steel/alum to hold 12 pounds of air.
Wouldn't that be nice.
hmmm.. Maybe that means rebreathers will get more popular with the 'golden members' :D

Rebreathers would work for me if it means diving longer. :blinking:

I have friends in their 70"s that are regulars at COCO View

Well I'm just in my 60's and I wish I were a little more regular every morning.

I'm almost 60. I know a guy 72 that dives and a guy 79 that stopped because he was afraid of being offshore using "cumaden?" blood thinner, even sold his sailboat. The guy that was 79 used to be a commercial diver in New York City, came down here on vacation, saw the cllear water and never went back, about 50 years ago.

I'm almost 60. I know a guy 72 that dives and a guy 79 that stopped because he was afraid of being offshore using "cumaden?" blood thinner, even sold his sailboat. The guy that was 79 used to be a commercial diver in New York City, came down here on vacation, saw the cllear water and never went back, about 50 years ago.

Well I suppose you already saw that Sir Arthur C Clarke just died at the ripe young age of 90 in Sri Lanka and his main reason for moving there was "because of the diving".

Until the point at which the dive masters on the boat refuse to pull me up out of the water on a davit.

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom