How Old is Your LDS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vtdiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm curious as to how old many of your LDS's are? The one I work at part time and am doing my DM cert thru opened in 1953. I would think that would make it one of the older ones still in operation in the country. It's also still owned by the same family, albeit the next generation runs it now.
C-Dawg

the one i worked in and got my certs up thru AI was in buisness for about 5 years...
but its gone now.
the shop i go to when i need to go to a shop has been around . i dunno mabye 4 or 5 but i see then being around for a while.
for the most part. i try and avoid LDS as much as possable.

The shop I frequent is only about 3-4 yrs old. We have two others that have been around for 20+ yrs. Unfortunately I feel the older shops (in my area) just want to sell you something as opposed to what you really need. Im very confident in the shop I purchase thru at present.

MNJ

Mine has been around since 1978. Although it's now on it's second owner who has had it since 1997. I hope we are around for along time as we just this weekend opened our new location.

About 15 years. Recently changed owners.

We have 5 shops in a three shop town(s).

i have 2 dozen plus shops within 30 -44 minn from me
i have been in
ive been in about 4 of them

Mine was founded in 1961. And they're still using the same business model ....

redhatmama:
Mine was founded in 1961. And they're still using the same business model ....
I'm lucky, mine has rolled with the changes. When I hear people quoting Scubatoys prices on this board, I normally check to see what they charge, and find they are right in the ballpark and sometimes less.
C-Dawg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom