How old is your Poseidon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwall04

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I purchased my Poseidon Odin in 1989. I dove with it for approximately 10 years before storing it away. About 3 years ago, I sent it away for an annual maintenance and added an octopus thinking I'd start using it again. However, I haven't dived with this setup in the past 10 - 12 years.

Now I'm looking at refreshing my gear and wondering if I should dive with a regulator that is so old?

On one hand I know Poseidon is a well respected brand, but would I be better off with a newer rig?

Thanks for the feedback. Instead of buying a new, expensive replacement regulator, I think I'll buy a more modest rig as a backup to my Odin.

I bought my Cyklon in 1978 or so, and refuse to use anything else . . . age means nothing to these beauties!

- Tim

I have a Cyclon/Hockey puck from the late 60's that came back nicely - used it for a salvage job last March in 33F water no problem and a Jetstream/Shower head I got new in the late 80's. I will still use them on any dive. In the US, a lot will depend on who services them.

My poseidon's are from the early 90's. One of the needle valves got mucked up on the octo when I was traveling back from a job, but I still use the primary every once in a while for the real deep stuff and I use the first stages for just about everything. All it is is a chunk of chrome plated brass, I highly doubt it's gonna be any different 20 years later...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom