How soon do you refill your air tanks?

How soon do you refill your air tanks?

• Fill as soon as possible, so they’re ready to go

Votes: 46 60.5%
  • Filled when it’s convenient, still might be weeks before next dive

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Stored with low pressure and won’t fill till close to dive day.

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reef_Haven

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know alot of you are diving several days every week, so this poll will probably be skewed.
For casual divers who may go weeks between dives, how seriously do you take manufacturers recommendations to store tanks with only a few hundred psi, till your next dives?
The recent tank explosion got me thinking about sustained load cracking and how I store my tanks.

I get them filled within a couple of days so I'm ready to go. I'm usually diving every week, on Tuesdays, so I usually get them filled by Friday, just in case I have a chance to dive on Saturday.

Ron

I don't worry about it ... these are typically stored full and ready for use ...

Garage-1.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I like to fill my tanks on the way home after diving. I'm pretty organized and my diving gear is always ready to go (when I used to go hiking and camping a lot I had my camping gear organized like this too....)

Nothing beats the feeling of knowing that I can drop everything and be underway in 15 minutes.

My wife finds it amusing.... I should play with her some time and keep my suitcase packed and on a hair-trigger like that too.... It would be amusing to see her reaction.

R..

R..

I should play with her some time and keep my suitcase packed and on a hair-trigger like that too.... It would be amusing to see her reaction.

R..

Depends on her sense of humor ... she may decide it would be amusing to see your reaction if you came home from work and found your suitcase out by the curb ... :shocked2:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I like to have my tanks (and gear) ready at all times so I get them filled as soon as possible after the dive. The last thing I want is to get a call on Sunday from a buddy that wants to dive, but I can't because I didn't get my tanks filled and the lds is closed.

I like to have my tanks filled and ready but the reality of my situation is that I cannot dive on the drop of a hat so I usually have notice of planned dives so I can fill the tanks when it is convenient.

When I was diving a lot my dive buddy would drop all our tanks off and I would pick them all up before the next dive (usually weekend to weekend).

Yep, keep 'em filled and ready. We'll be diving this Saturday, and as soon as we're done, I'll be heading to the shop for fills so I'm ready for Sunday. I don't get to dive both days every weekend, but like to be ready when the opportunity hits. Me and a close dive buddy have been preparing for Cavern and Intro to Cave coming up in a couple weeks, so we've been "finding" a lot more opportunities lately. :wink:

it might be hours, months or years....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom