How to absorb moisture in housing???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan:
08.gif

ScubaMarc,
Paper towel in no way can match the absorbing power of a feminine mini pad. Just bite the bullet and go into the store and buy them.
Real men do :D

Yeah, everyone knows they aren't for you and just think what a great thing you're doing for your lady friend. :D

If you must open your housing outside your prep area,
try blowing some air from your tank into the housing before you reseal it. An air gun attached to your inflator hose is perfect. The super dry air evaporates any condensation that has formed and keeps the humidty in the housing low during the dive. I've had more success this way than with the desicant packs.

Todd

Dee:
Yeah, everyone knows they aren't for you and just think what a great thing you're doing for your lady friend. :D
It can't be any worse than buying another commonly used product :eyebrow: in Japan. Japanese men tend to be very small so the normal size in the chemists is way to small. Imagine trying to convince young shop assistants that you really need something a lot bigger!! When they finally realize what you are trying to say it normally takes them about 3 minutes to stop laughing.

I have 2 kids in diapers. Instead of using a "woman product". I will rip a diaper apart. These new diapers do a great job absorbing "things".

ScubaMarc:
I have 2 kids in diapers.

I had thought of those in the beginning, but figured they were too bulky to fit in the compact housings... and also assumed that it was more of a fiber absorbing material..

I compared another material, dry packing sheets, like you get when you buy chicken, the white absorbent sheets.. heheheh.. then did a comparison test... :eyebrow: (geezee need to get a life -eh?..) but after cutting the same little squares, and adding a tablespoon of water to each and continuing until they couldn't absorb any more, the mini-pads won hands down and it forms little gel packets, not wet or damp fibers.. The sheets absorbed faster, but limited.

So it's still the pads in my book.... will look at the diapers, but guessing it's too bulky and fiberous..??? just a WAG on my part, will check them out though...

Interesting topic, but after paying for the repairs 2+ times, necessary...

ScubaFriend:
Ok hi everyone

This sounds like a weird tip but i assure you it works

I have a wierder one, which a photographer friend of mine used when on some photo shoots in the Congo. The dry gel from these highly absorbant daipers (what we call nappies). Apparently works a treat and will not release moisture until completely saturated (which shouldn't happen in a housing)

Back
Top Bottom