How to chek new eq?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fan(t)a(s)tic

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all

I just bought my first equipment. That's BC, Regs and a computer. I'll start using it soon, but nowhere near home and I'd just like to ask if there's anything particular that I should look for on the technical side? It would be a shame to find out that I couldn't use some of the stuff after having lugged it halfway 'round the world.

Are there any modifications you found yourself doing over and over again every time you bought new stuff?

I'm not looking for any hardcore mods, just basic improvements.

fan(t)a(s)tic:
Hello all

I just bought my first equipment. That's BC, Regs and a computer. I'll start using it soon, but nowhere near home and I'd just like to ask if there's anything particular that I should look for on the technical side? Or are there any modifications you found yourself doing over and over again every time you bought new stuff?

I'm not looking for any hardcore mods, just basic improvements. It would be a shame to find out that I couldn't use some of the stuff after having lugged it halfway 'round the world.

First of all go diving. Take it to the pool if you have to. If something isn't right you'll see it better in the water.

As for mods, I would add a bolt-snap to the spg now and get a couple of clips to hold the octopus assuming you have a traditional type of setup. You need this.

R..

fan(t)a(s)tic:
Hello all

I just bought my first equipment. That's BC, Regs and a computer. I'll start using it soon, but nowhere near home and I'd just like to ask if there's anything particular that I should look for on the technical side? Or are there any modifications you found yourself doing over and over again every time you bought new stuff?

I'm not looking for any hardcore mods, just basic improvements. It would be a shame to find out that I couldn't use some of the stuff after having lugged it halfway 'round the world.

You need to get in the water; you won't know what you want until then. If this is your first set of gear, I am assuming that you are fairly new to diving. You will find as you go along you will be modifying things all the time, not big thing, just little ones. Moving a hose, clipping something off in a different location.

I still find that I modify from time to time.

Just get in the water and dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom