How to connect NiTek Q to laptop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuperMiguel

Contributor
Reaction score
I downloaded NiTek Workbench and connected my NiTek Q to my computer but when i open the software i dont see anything to check for updates... nothing

I know nothing of the NiTek, but:

1. is the PDC turned on?
2. Like many others, do you neet to put it in "PC" mode to talk to the computer?

Yes its on and yes i tried using the PC mode and nothing different happens

You have to ensure that you are using the correct comport. Try using different USB ports. Also, the built in help file is actually helpful in this case.

You have to ensure that you are using the correct comport. Try using different USB ports. Also, the built in help file is actually helpful in this case.

Tried using the help file and it just says Loading Help Files... and never loads... Also when i do PC mode i see that the unit gets seem as COM3, i go to Dive -> USB Settings -> Scan Ports -> Click on COM3 and select then it says "Workbench paired with NiTek USB cable" but still i cant update the firmware, cant check my current features...

Hmmm. Sounds like you are doing it right. I wish I had my laptop with me so I could plug in and walk through it with you.

I know my help files took forever to load.

I copied this from the Dive Rite site:
To use WB 3.0.2 on a PC, it needs to have Windows 7 or newer and you need to have administrator rights. Everyone believes they have administrator rights to their PC, but sometimes the wrong check box or another program can change it. One user that was having issues with installation and communications to load the program used this link How to Log on as Administrator in Windows 7? to log on as administrator, and it worked for him.

I was not able to get anything to work when trying to load Workbench. Then I set up another user on my laptop, as described in above link. This user "administrator" when used I was able to get Workbench to finally load and work. Still have had a few issues but at least now I can log in the Workbench.

Al

Sorry i didnt mentioned it, but i did that already, tried from the admin account and nothing, maybe im using the wrong program or wrong part of it.. All i get is this:
Capture.jpg

I was havin the same problem, but changing the comport fixed mine. Wish I could help more. I will not be back to my laptop for two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom