how to fit fin and boot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hadi

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I had a problem with my boot and fin.. my boot' size is 9 , my fins size is large 42-45 wenoka..I always having prolem with both of them..sometimes the fin's strap not locking in a right ways just like it used to be..sometimes i loose my buckle on my fin..
I really need advise from you'll before i decide to buy a new one..thanks for your help.

cheers,
hadi

You will find that many guys and gals on this board including myself use spring straps with our fins. Makes it much easier. Try doing a search for "spring straps"
Good Luck!

Do your boots have strap hooks at the heel?

How much space do you have from your heel to the end of the fin when your foot is in it?

Play with it out of the water. How old are they anything broke? If they are the right size and the straps/buckles are new there should not be a problem. If the problem persisits change the straps-buckle and/or fins.

I had a similar problem with my Jet fins. Try adjusting the straps (may be too loose or tight) or slapping some ducktape on the straps. That way if the lock comes off the strap will still be immovable.

-V

My fins straps and buckles haven't come off or broke in 9 years. The only way thats happening is if you bought something cheap. I would suggest upgrading to a better product. I dive with Cressi-sub fins... many choices from Cressi-sub... but all are very good.

Ken

hadi:
Hi everyone,

I had a problem with my boot and fin.. my boot' size is 9 , my fins size is large 42-45 wenoka..I always having prolem with both of them..sometimes the fin's strap not locking in a right ways just like it used to be..sometimes i loose my buckle on my fin..
I really need advise from you'll before i decide to buy a new one..thanks for your help.

cheers,
hadi

Actually, there is alot that can go wrong even with expensive products. Cressi sucks! Jet fins rule!

-V

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom