How to get Aeris2 out of wrist boot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hex92

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My Aeris2 screen lit up the other night while trying to download some dive data. It still has all the LCDs lit up two days later and I figure the only way to get it to reset is to pop out the battery. I can't seem to get the battery out with the wrist boot still on.

Can anyone help me out?

You can try warming the boot to make it more flexible, that worked with my old rubber 3-gauge console. It toog some elbow grease to get the modules to pop out, but nothing was damaged.

Try submerging the whole thing in water that's as warm as the max operating temperature listed in the computer manual. If I were in your position, I would figure that up to 120F was pretty safe, but don't take that as any sort of guarantee.

Are you talking the Aeris Atmos2? If so, I have no problems removing the battery while the computer is in the wrist mount.

Kazinvan: One of the wrist straps made it difficult to get the retaining ring off. But after reading your email I coaxed it a bit more and was able to get the battery out and reset the computer. So everything appears to be good to go now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom