How to get Atom 3.0 to read second transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, I have two regulators and want each to have its own transmitter. I only use one regulator at a time. But the Atom can only display TMT1 at the surface.

---------- Post added September 11th, 2015 at 05:32 PM ----------

So basically I can't have it use TMT2 as the main one when only that transmitter is read.

No, I have two regulators and want each to have its own transmitter. I only use one regulator at a time. But the Atom can only display TMT1 at the surface.

---------- Post added September 11th, 2015 at 05:32 PM ----------

So basically I can't have it use TMT2 as the main one when only that transmitter is read.
I'm sorry but I don't understand this at all. Understand that my experience with an Atom is limited to my buddy's Atom that I occasionally have watched him setup.

If you want to display the pressure of tank 2 on the surface, put transmitter 1 on it making it the "main one". If you switch tanks u/w it will display the pressure thru the 2nd reg. I believe there's some interval after which it switches back to displaying TMT1 but IDK.

I'm only diving single tanks. Just two regulators for different situations.

Ok, I assumed doubles or sidemount. It looks like you're going to have to swap TMT1 to whatever regulator you're currently using.
If it was me, I might put it on a 6" hose to make it easier to swap.

I don't actually know that that wouldn't be the case with the Lynx system also.

Sorry, we've been having misunderstandings here. I dive single tanks and have two regulators. I thought it would make things more simple to have a transmitter on each so I don't have to swap. Whichever reg I use I can just sync up with the Atom. No such luck. I'll just have to swap TMT1 between the two.

I understand completely what you want to do, and why. I have an Atom that I use as a backup when I dive solo. You are correct that it cannot be done. Your options are (1) switch the transmitter each time you switch to a different regulator, or (2) change the transmitter number in the computer's setup each time you change regs.

Yeah, thanks. The UI of the Atom is pretty annoying to have to redo the serial number each time for TMT1. It's definitely an option. I think in the end just swapping the transmitter is the best option. It's just that I keep one of the regs at an aquarium where I volunteer, so it's just another thing to have to remember for when I'm going to do some open water diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom