How to get into Super Macro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get the 100mm and an SMC or other diopter and go to Anilao or Lembeh after a few practice sessions. I think it really helps to be in an environment rich in subjects with good experienced guides. This automatically attracts other macro photographers who would be happy to share their knowledge with you. It can be very frustrating if you try learning all this on your own as the learning curve can be quite steep.

I agree with Ozzi.... I have the 100mm macro and it is a great lens. I was new to super macro but spent a week in Anilao, 4 dives a day. At the beginning, I could barely see the stuff the guide was pointing out let alone get a shot. By the end, I was in the groove and getting shots that I was really pleased with. On that trip I had the Inon 165 dioptre (it's about 6X as far as I know). I am off to Tulamben this week with a new Subsee 10 - I will also try to stack the Inon onto the Subsee to get some serious magnification. As other posters have mentiones, super macro is frustrating, but very rewarding when it all comes off. Good luck! Kev

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom