How to hang a deco cylinder?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It really depends on how your team is going to be running the dive, you really need to talk to them before coming up with your own ideas they will most likely have a procedure sorted. If it was my team doing that sort of dive I would have a shot line on to the wreck then a drifting deco station tethered to the shot and any emergency gas or staged tanks clipped off on loops on the deco station. Then when we arrives at 21m during the assent unclip the deco station from the shot and drift with the current, with surface support vessel following.

It really depends on how your team is going to be running the dive, you really need to talk to them before coming up with your own ideas they will most likely have a procedure sorted. If it was my team doing that sort of dive I would have a shot line on to the wreck then a drifting deco station tethered to the shot and any emergency gas or staged tanks clipped off on loops on the deco station. Then when we arrives at 21m during the assent unclip the deco station from the shot and drift with the current, with surface support vessel following.

Did I understood right, you in your team dive without your Deco bottles ?

No you did not, I was just referring to clipping off any emergency gas or gas one may wish to stage. I will tend to place extra oxygen as back up/ contingency on the line, as the OP described in his original post.

Did I understood right, you in your team dive without your Deco bottles ?
why is that a problem? Not all dives are the same. I stage my deco all the time on my usual dive site because Im 100% confidant Il be able to retrieve it -I also make sure my dive plan can deco on my back gas if worse case scenario -if its an area im not familiar with or has strong currents I carry it with me

why is that a problem? Not all dives are the same. I stage my deco all the time on my usual dive site because Im 100% confidant Il be able to retrieve it -I also make sure my dive plan can deco on my back gas if worse case scenario -if its an area im not familiar with or has strong currents I carry it with me

Yes not all dives are the same, in a cave I understand you can leave your deco's behind, in a open water boat dive it seems a bad Idea IMO, because there are things that can go wrong, with the boat, with the line, with the current, even with that back gas regulator, marine live, of course the chances of something going wrong are small, except for the currents

But like AJ had pointed out, why not meet the team in the water, and correct me if I'm wrong, but if you get to need a Team support diver it had to be because it is a big dive, then the only bottle you will be hanging on the line if so required or chosen will be the ones for 6m, the other emergency bottles will be more bottom gas and stage bottles, that the support diver carry with him for the team.

I've seen on more than on dive when the divers couldn't find the anchor at the end of the dive. It would always be better to have the deco gas clipped to the divers themselves.
Anchors get dragged. Vis gets bad. Divers lose their way. Currents come up making a swim back to the anchor impossible. Poop happens.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom