how to mount GoPro on camera housing when you have strobe and video lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cool79

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi guys, before i added in strobe and arms to my setup, I have attached my gopro directly above my lens of my G12 housing.

Now I have added in strobe and a video light, the gopro is in the way of my strobe when i am taking marco!!!

how do you guys mount your gopro?

here is there picture of my current setup without putting in the gopro on it.

right side would be additional arm for the video light

g12.jpg

same issue

I just imagine placing it under the camera will not work.

When you are doing Marco, your gopro at the bottom of the camera will either hit the reef or the sandy bottom.

When you titled it back, you will get your red filter or your gopro housing lens scratch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you mount it properly you should still have it on a tilt mount which should get it back out of the way. You shouldn't hit the reef/bottom with it when doing macro with it tilted back.

If you mount it properly you should still have it on a tilt mount which should get it back out of the way. You shouldn't hit the reef/bottom with it when doing macro with it tilted back.

Is it something like doing a selfie with your gopro as it is tilted 180?

All the mounts are from gopro right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom