How to plan a dive at Whytecliffe Park?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks all ... and I'm going to be contacting those of you who've offered to come dive with us. We're heading up mainly to work on the Annapolis on Sunday ... and we'll be a group of 8 from my dive club. I'd personally love to hook up with some of you for a day of diving on Saturday, and appreciate all the advice so that I can put a reasonable plan together for our group of divers.

I'll be PM'ing some of you over the next few days as plans come together.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I just looked at my map and realize I mixed up the names of the dive sites. (I did say the windy roads confuse me). The beach I marked as Copper Cove is not called that (name escapes me at the moment), Copper Cove is the next beach heading north from there. I have remarked the map.

Whatever the name, as long as your near the shore you can pretty easily get back to the parking lot.

Now I don't feel so stupid, first read this and thought - I have never looked at a tide table for this site, just jump in. Let someone else answer who dives more often here answer. It seems that is what everyone else does too.

If you go to Kelvin's be aware that parking is a serious issue with everything marked for residents only. Nice site, I prefer it, but Whitecliff is easier to dive with a group.

Would join you but am in Victoria for the weekend. Enjoy the dive.

According to shorediving.com the site in question is called Telegraph Cove. I'm pretty sure I've heard another name for it too. Anyway I updated my post and map to use the name Telegraph.

I know Telegraph Cove as Look out point.

Now I don't feel so stupid, first read this and thought - I have never looked at a tide table for this site, just jump in. Let someone else answer who dives more often here answer. It seems that is what everyone else does too.

If you go to Kelvin's be aware that parking is a serious issue with everything marked for residents only. Nice site, I prefer it, but Whitecliff is easier to dive with a group.

Would join you but am in Victoria for the weekend. Enjoy the dive.

The only sites I check the tides for are Copper, Lookout point and Kates,

I know Telegraph Cove as Look out point.

Yeah, I thought I had heard that name used before. I've also heard lookout point used to describe the hill near The Cut, which seems more fitting as it makes a much better lookout than the fairly low rocks at the Telegraph/Lookout site.

You've picked the IE weekend! I'm preregistered for the opening ceremony on Saturday and closing ceremony on Sunday. But if you're up for a night dive on Saturday, I'd love to do one with you and/or your group. Will Cheng be coming with you too? I have yet to meet her

end up having a long hump back to the parking lot with a bunch of dive gear
I just did that 2 weeks ago at the cut, coming out from the lookup point. It was an interesting experience :D

You've picked the IE weekend! I'm preregistered for the opening ceremony on Saturday and closing ceremony on Sunday. But if you're up for a night dive on Saturday, I'd love to do one with you and/or your group. Will Cheng be coming with you too? I have yet to meet her

I just did that 2 weeks ago at the cut, coming out from the lookup point. It was an interesting experience :D

I just sent you a PM. Not sure we'll be up for a night dive. But dinner, perhaps?

Cheng will be with me this trip. Would be great to see you again ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Dinner for sure! I wanted to meet Cheng for so long :D
What will your schedule be like. I might be able to do one dive :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom