How to recognize drowning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowviz

Solo Diver
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got my monthly email from NDPA – United, we can prevent the tragedy of drowning!.

This one got me to thinking about my previous training with a public safety diving organization: World leader in Rescue Diving Courses

I realize that in ‘Basic Scuba Discussions’ the agencies tend to sideline the reality that anything bad can happen. I’m not an alarmist. All I want to share (to those new to diving) is the ability to identify what a real drowning looks like. You never know if random chance will make you the one person who could provide assistance.

“You may think you know what drowning looks like. But in reality someone could drown just feet away from you without you noticing.

Drowning is quiet and fast, with subtle signs that are easily missed, particularly if in a crowded space or unfamiliar and challenging conditions.”

This is a bit more harsh:

Drowning: A peaceful way to go?

drowning.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom