How To Store Regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

how do you rinse them after you get out of salt water. dunk, sprey, other?

In a regulator bag, away from chemicals & sunlight :)

Bubble Junky:
Good idea - I once had a small cockroach in my mouth at 30m !!! Horrible. Made him do a CESA though. :D

Where are you guys storing this stuff? Coachroaches? They are attracted to food. Are you guys putting these near food?

SharkLover:
Where are you guys storing this stuff? Coachroaches? They are attracted to food. Are you guys putting these near food?

You don't keep sandwiches stored in your reg box? Comeon! all the cool kids are doing it.

Roaches may feed on our food, but they look for dark, protected areas to hide and nest.

FD

Hanging in the basment away from light etc...Dehumidifier running down there to keep things dry.

The "other" solution would be to dive frequently enough to ensure that your gear doesn't dry.

:D

Dunk, spray or other pick 1 or all of the above. Don't get water in any of your air lines. Do not depress your 2nd stage reg while doing all the above. Keep your 1st stage sealed.

Nomad:
The "other" solution would be to dive frequently enough to ensure that your gear doesn't dry.

That's the ticket. I once found a roach egg(sack?) on the inside of a 2nd stage that I was rebuilding. Of all the things I found in regs (1st and 2nd's) that's the only time I had a serious case of the heebie-jeebies(sp) working on a reg...

SharkLover:
In the equipment room at the DC I was working for in Egypt. No food.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom