How was Beaver Lake?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoccerJeni

Scuba Baby
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Did anyone dive in Beaver Lake this past 4th of July weekend? How was the visibility?

I saw the forecast calls for rain there Wed, Thurs, and Friday. I assume that will mess the visibility up a bit...?

Fantastic! Thank you for the link!

I went to Beaver on the 4th and viz was horrible... like less than 5 ft... for sure not 10-12 a the bluffs anyway. It seems like everyone came down for the weekend to dive and by Monday it was really silted up.

Hello all!

I made a spur run out to beaver just to get wet nothing more yesterday and o'boy did I have a good one. Viz is not to bad almost like a late summer type setting at around 5-6 ft.
that being said my wife and I called out a few friends to dive and ended staying till around 11:00 So it looks like the lake is getting back to normal. :D

As always their was a boat load of divers out at dam site and this brings me up to my next point. while out of the water between dives and it was getting late around 6:00 or 7:00 a jetski went right over a set of diver's and within ten feet of their dive flag a bunch of us yelled out and then another boat went by! Both diver's made it back and cut their dive short.
So I think and this may have been kicked around before but North Site Dam Park should be turned over as a dive & swim park. A petition should be put in front of the corp of eng for diver and swimmer safety. What do you guys think?

And Steve I think I may have found the marker line you told me about but I was in shorts and tee and the thermo is a twenty so I was not even going down that deep! :(
So we will have to put some time into a dive here soon.

Yep... I had the same thing happen I was in a 3mm and at 45 ft I was getting pretty cold and just about at that time I ran into two other divers coming back the other way and so I moved above the line to let them pass but the viz was such that I couldn't find the line again... needless to say i didn't look very hard because I was starting to shiver so I headed to the bluffs and shallow warmer water.

We definitely have to find this thing but next time I'll have on 7mm, hood and gloves! Also another funny thing happened on that dive. I bought a new dive flag at C&Js and was towing it out and at some point the flag came off and sank. I looked all over for it and bumped into another couple of divers underwater and low an behold one of them had it! Crazy lucky day!

As always their was a boat load of divers out at dam site and this brings me up to my next point. while out of the water between dives and it was getting late around 6:00 or 7:00 a jetski went right over a set of diver's and within ten feet of their dive flag a bunch of us yelled out and then another boat went by! Both diver's made it back and cut their dive short.
So I think and this may have been kicked around before but North Site Dam Park should be turned over as a dive & swim park. A petition should be put in front of the corp of eng for diver and swimmer safety. What do you guys think?

QUOTE]

Agree totally... last weekend experienced the same thing with jetskis practically using the dive flags as a slalom course... be a shame to keep out the dive boats though.... how would we start something like that?

Agree totally... last weekend experienced the same thing with jetskis practically using the dive flags as a slalom course... be a shame to keep out the dive boats though.... how would we start something like that?

Well I think we need to strat with C&J and work our way to the corp with a petition with as many diver's and swimmers as we can get to sign the thing.
And I say C&J cause they are their all the time and would have the best idea I would think on how to start or help deal with the corp.

My idea about the boats is not to keep them out totaly just have a safe area for them to pull into and I would think a marker buoy's in brighty neon yellow with a diver down flag on them in a roped off area for diver's. BUt NO jetski's allowed, I like to ride them to but their is a place for them and its not in the company of diver's in the water!

On a different note I understand a teenage boy went missing in another part of the lake. I dont know if he was recovered...pretty sad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom