How was DEMA 2009 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EXHIBITOR
the show went about as expected. I was generally busy; sometimes I had 1-2 customers waiting. At lunchtime things would slow down, but not enough for me to walk away and grab lunch myself. It will take the rest of the week to catch-up with everything.

As a Florida Sales Rep for a few lines I was obviously busier than my west coast peers. While international business has always been a big part of DEMA orders, I suspect it may have been even higher than past due to current exchange rates.

PRESS
I also attended as a member of the media. Honestly, there wasn't much news and that may be part of the industries problem. Two of the most talked about items going into the show were both infighting items; the UDI petition to DEMA and Rick Lesser seminar. I did get audio from both BTW. The DEMA audio is up and Lesser seminar will be soon.

I did not cover the cheap AL80s mostly because I thought the only news was price and I do represent a competitor. I find the whole 'secret' BS ridiculous as anyone that matters knows the manufacturer codes must be clearly stamped on the shoulder and with minimal effort that can be looked up to determine the details. That secret took one phone call... I/we know exactly who makes them and have spoken with them. If there is a story it is the Press v Exhibitor and DEMA has final say.

Sadly one of the most talked about booths after the show was the Planet Romance #725; a Czech Republic mail order bride company!

I really didn't see too much that was notable. Waterproof's silicon seals (won best product of the show) and new drysuit were pretty cool, but I have a history with Waterproof and currently represent Si Tech. The GPS was kinda cool, the Vandy model was cool. I will be representing the new uemis Zurich computer, so I can't objectively comment on that (pretty cool IMHO).

REGISTRATION POLICIES

• Press credentials will not be mailed in advance. They will be available at the DEMA Show 2009 Press Room during press room hours.
• All persons who are approved will be required to present onsite a valid photo ID (driver's license or passport) and media house identification prior to receiving the relevant passes.
• Filming of, or broadcasting from the show floor during DEMA Show 2009 is allowed only to broadcast outlets who have received exclusive written permission and are on assignment to document the show itself.
• Only qualified media will receive complimentary entrance to DEMA Show 2009 which allows access to the show floor and the onsite press room as well as entrance to show activities including seminars and press conferences. Media credentials do not include complimentary entrance to the annual DEMA Reaching Out Awards Party.
• All advertising representatives are required to obtain tickets to DEMA Show 2009 at the Attendee Registration counters or through Home
• Freelancer journalists, photographers, and videographers may be asked to provide proof of by-lined publications and/or credited work published or broadcasted within the last 12 months.
• All media attending DEMA Show 2009 will be responsible for arranging their own transportation to Orlando and expenses.

EXHIBITOR
PRESS
I also attended as a member of the media. Honestly, there wasn't much news and that may be part of the industries problem. Two of the most talked about items going into the show were both infighting items; the UDI petition to DEMA and Rick Lesser seminar. I did get audio from both BTW. The DEMA audio is up and Lesser seminar will be soon.

cool... I seriously was so pissed when I decided to speak i forgot half of what I said.:D

Sadly one of the most talked about booths after the show was the Planet Romance #725; a Czech Republic mail order bride company!
So you're telling me that the Czech is in the mail? :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

EXHIBITOR

I really didn't see too much that was notable. Waterproof's silicon seals (won best product of the show) and new drysuit were pretty cool, but I have a history with Waterproof and currently represent Si Tech. The GPS was kinda cool, the Vandy model was cool. I will be representing the new uemis Zurich computer, so I can't objectively comment on that (pretty cool IMHO).

Did you get the audio of the phone that went off at the beginning :) That was HILARIOUS :rofl3::rofl3: " Look at me, the guy with the phone....."

Did you get the audio of the phone that went off at the beginning :) That was HILARIOUS :rofl3::rofl3: " Look at me, the guy with the phone....."

if you didn't I am SURE you can get it sent to you by DRIS....:mooner:

Wasn't my phone that went off:cool2:
Nope... that would be our one and only Nestor, who had that privilege.

This was my second DEMA show. The highlight of the show in my opinion was getting the opportunty to have my picture taken with NetDoc at the Scubaboard Booth!

We had some great qualified traffic at the Tektite/Moray Dive Gear Booth. It gave us an incredible opportunity to meet retailers and dealers from around the world and demostrate our new product The Divers Communication torch and get some valuable feedback.
Looking forward to Vegas 2010.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom