How would I know whether did I get decompression sickness????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi guys I would like to know whether the syndrome that I'm having is it decompression sickness.... Actually I feel all this after 48 hrs after my last dive... I feel itch on my left leg and left hip but on for a whole... Then i also got some blue black in my hands and leg... Den I also feel numbless on my left brain which sometime I also encounter when I nv do my diving... Hmm is this consider decom...? Pls drop me what u guys think ya... Thanks alot...
Hi, Suzie, with cyanosis you might get blue-black, and you must not smoke. The compression chambers if any should be up to enquiry, and check all equipment. I used to swim but I haven't been living on the coast for a while, now, and when I was up north I used to get like it. Ask at the hospital, and they might give you a bit of liquid oxygen without submerging and that would do the trick, if you feel short of breath as if you went without oxygen too long. I don't think the itch has too much to do with it but I think that you would get over it more than the nerves.

Hi guys I would like to know whether the syndrome that I'm having is it decompression sickness.... Actually I feel all this after 48 hrs after my last dive... I feel itch on my left leg and left hip but on for a whole... Then i also got some blue black in my hands and leg... Den I also feel numbless on my left brain which sometime I also encounter when I nv do my diving... Hmm is this consider decom...? Pls drop me what u guys think ya... Thanks alot...

Don't mess around................CALL DAN

It's now a week since the OP was made. If she hasn't been to a suitable physician by now it's academic whether or not she had DCS, because if she did have the damage that was done is by now irreversible.

It's now a week since the OP was made. If she hasn't been to a suitable physician by now it's academic whether or not she had DCS, because if she did have the damage that was done is by now irreversible.

Some folks really get in denial about these things. I've been with DAN since 1986. They are first on my speed dial......................

I hope she is OK. I didn't really look at all the dates. It's the second diver I told to call DAN today. Go figure............

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom