howd i live without the water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snailinpails

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello. my name is jason i live in gainesville florida. i just recently started getting into this whole diving thing and may i say its quiet a thrill ive never found such great forms of peace and beauty. i was hooked the day i took my first breath under water. after that i went out and bought my bcd, mask, snorkel, fins and saving for my other gear. I've been doing some research on peoples opinions about buying a used reg and i stumbled upon this amazing web site :). I never knew there was such a big community of divers its definetly mind blowing and has really changed my outlook on life. well thanks ahead of time for all the help and info.

Welcome! It's easy to get hooked. You're right about the online community. A great source of information. They will keep you going when you aren't in the water. Good luck.

Hi Jason, yes welcome, as t-mac has said this is a great source of info and has kept me going many times when unable to dive. Good luck and welcome to the world of diving. Cheers.

Welcome to SB, Jason - you sound like you're gonna be a natural! Enjoy the forums, you'll find plenty of information here - good luck with the diving! :wink:

As far a a used reg purchase: Sometimes the cost to "service" the reg offsets any savings... I would look for NEW regs that are within your budget and meet the criteria for how you will be using it most... i.e. cold water, warm water, etc. if you don't see anything new that fits within your budget look at used regs that are far below new cost to end up being a "deal" after servicing.. fees change from LDS to LDS but you can expect these prices to be approx and a good guide:

each stage ( 1st, 2d, octo ) 25-35 ( more if swivel/turret/air flow adj. in most cases ) plus parts 20-50 depending on manufacturer... if you save 100 on a 1st, 2d, octo combo.. you can easily soak that back up... but on the other hand, i just purchased a mk25/G250 still in the box and never used ( with a manufacture date of 2004 ) it was just sitting in a guys shed for the last 8 years forgotten.... i got those two pieces and a brand new ( but old ) Seaquest BCD for 350.... after 128 to service and replace parts ( o rings had hard deep grooves in them in reg ) i still made out like a bandit... but that is not always the case... Good luck!!

Jason,

Welcome to ScubaBoard...you are right ScubaBoard is full of great information. It is a fantasic Portal to the underwater world on the internet. IMO, the Regulator is a direct lifeline and I would not trust my life with a used one. I am sure that there are many good used regs out there and you can always have them serviced, but I personally want to know the life history of the equipment. Again this is just one man's opinion and we all have them.

Have a great day and happy diving,

~Michael~
:bounce2::bounce4::fire:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom