Howdy from Texas!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lisa0825

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Newbie here, not just to the board, but brand new to diving as well! I just got my certification this weekend. I was supposed to go to Cozumel in a few weeks, but I don't think that will happen now. I have been to Cozumel a half dozen times and love the island and the people. I'm really sad about the wreckage there and hope the friends I have made are all OK :-(

I'd love to dive in Cozumel when the time is right, and I'd also love to go someplace farther away and more exotic someday too.

I look forward to reading all about your experiences so I can learn from them for my future dives.

congrats on your certification. welcome to the uw world:) you are going to get so addicted and not stop thinking of diving. btw head down to the philippines, we have some of the best diving in the world. warm water and nice people

Thanks!:) So far, I have only been in a murky lagoon for my cert! I can't wait to get some REAL diving in!

I am trying to decide whether to reschedule my trip to Cozumel for a few months down the road, or change and go somewhere else this time so I don't have to wait. Part of me just really wants to go to Cozumel because it has a place in my heart... I guess it's wait and see for now.

Welcome. Texas water is great!

Welcome to the addiction Lisa. :D

If you're anywhere near Houston and in need of a dive buddy, drop me a PM. I have yet to make the trip to Lake Travis or the other big lakes. I'm currently enjoying the low visibility of the Persian Gulf. :05:

Richard

Thanks y'all!:) I live in Texas City and work in Galveston.

PacketSniffer, is there much to see in a lake? I've always wondered about that.

Welcome to SB and the addiction of diving! I am new too, been diving slightly over two months. Have only had the opportunity to quarry dive so far but hope to go to Panama city soon.

Lisa0825:
PacketSniffer, is there much to see in a lake? I've always wondered about that.

It depends on the lake. For example, at Lake Tenkiller (http://www.laketenkiller.com/scuba.asp), there is a city underneath. I think that would be neat to explore. There are some others on this board checking into some flooded cities/towns in Tennessee as well.

Lake Travis is a fairly popular diver hangout. Also, I hear understand that Toledo Bend is pretty good. I'm anxious to get back to Houston (few weeks) and try the rigs, Flower Gardens, and the wrecks in the Gulf area. The lakes will suffice when funds are being replenished for the expensive trips.

Richard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom