Howdy from Texas!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the Scuba Board. Bonaire is always my pick to tell new divers to visit. Some of the easiest if not the easiset diving in the world. If you have any questions about it post message me.

The Dive Bum

Thanks everyone:)

I was looking at Bonaire, but Continental doesn't fly there right now, and I will be switching my plans from Cozumel. I don't honestly even know if it matters, or if I'd just as well cancel and re-book as try to change plans. I'm still in the contemplation stage anyway.... gotta wait and see if they waive fees before I do anything.

Glad to have you with us...

:cowboy2: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Hi Lisa,
I am new to this board too (my first post), live southeast of Houston, and have a trip planned to Cozumel the first week of December. I figure we'll know more about the results of the hurricane in the next week or two. I'm not giving up hope yet. On the other hand, when Rita was advancing, I evacuated with my dive gear as well as camping gear, food, water and 9 days worth of clothing. I always hope to dive....

In the meantime, local dive club, Lunarfins is scheduling an afternoon of diving at Twin Lakes in Manvel (19230 Morris Avenue [Highway 6] about 1.8 miles east of Hwy 288). The park has a shop for tank rental and air fills, but no weights. Plan to arrive about 2:00 p.m. for diving before a cookout at lakeside. Bring food, charcoal and drinks. Entry fees are $12 for divers.

sanderdl:
Hi Lisa,
I am new to this board too (my first post), live southeast of Houston, and have a trip planned to Cozumel the first week of December. I figure we'll know more about the results of the hurricane in the next week or two. I'm not giving up hope yet. On the other hand, when Rita was advancing, I evacuated with my dive gear as well as camping gear, food, water and 9 days worth of clothing. I always hope to dive....

In the meantime, local dive club, Lunarfins is scheduling an afternoon of diving at Twin Lakes in Manvel (19230 Morris Avenue [Highway 6] about 1.8 miles east of Hwy 288). The park has a shop for tank rental and air fills, but no weights. Plan to arrive about 2:00 p.m. for diving before a cookout at lakeside. Bring food, charcoal and drinks. Entry fees are $12 for divers.
Welcome to the Board, but you are welcome to post your own Intro so we can welcome you appropriately... :D

Lisa0825:
Thanks y'all!:) I live in Texas City and work in Galveston.

PacketSniffer, is there much to see in a lake? I've always wondered about that.
Lake Travis is not to bad, currently the lake is down about 17ft from the normal level. I just finished my open water certification there. Visibility was aout 10-12ft at Windy Point, but it was still an awsome weekend.

Congrats on your certification....

Thank y'all!:)

Good news... I think my friends and I decided to reschedule our Cozumel trip for Carnaval, which I have always wanted to attend. I am still considering a short trip just for a few dives before then though.

Hi Lisa,
I am new to this board too (my first post), live southeast of Houston, ....In the meantime, local dive club, Lunarfins is scheduling an afternoon of diving at Twin Lakes in Manvel [/QUOTE]

Update on Twin Lakes:
The Twin Lakes SCUBA Park is undergoing construction projects to improve several features of their facility. One of the projects is adding soil to elevate and level the picnic areas around the lake and improve the beaches. This has resulted in a temporary substantial decrease in visibility and banks that have not been completely compacted. .. the club has canceled the dive scheduled this weekend.

sanderdl:
Hi Lisa,
I am new to this board too (my first post), live southeast of Houston, ....In the meantime, local dive club, Lunarfins is scheduling an afternoon of diving at Twin Lakes in Manvel

Update on Twin Lakes:
The Twin Lakes SCUBA Park is undergoing construction projects to improve several features of their facility. One of the projects is adding soil to elevate and level the picnic areas around the lake and improve the beaches. This has resulted in a temporary substantial decrease in visibility and banks that have not been completely compacted. .. the club has canceled the dive scheduled this weekend.[/QUOTE]

I saw that. It was scheduled for a weekend I wasn't free. Maybe I'll hook up with them sometime soon:)

Back
Top Bottom