How's Lake Travis--Ya'll getting any rain?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Sorry for the "shotgun approach" for this question, but I figured it was the best way to get a thorough update.

With all the rain Texas has been recieving, is there enough run-off to raise the lake's level? I've been watching the levels online, but I always like to get it from the "horse's mouth". (Bare stats are so dry...)

I had same thought, good question for the folks in the Austin are Guda! ???

Yes - a lot of rain. Willow City near Fredericksburg is the rainfall leader over the past 24 hours with 6.38 inches (which means the Pedernales River should be rip-roaring by now)
Lake Trav levels have risen 4 feet as of this morning and expected to rise 11 feet over the next few days but will still be 20 feet low compared to the average at this time of year.

Last edited:
I dove windy point private 3 days ago, platforms and the ladders down from them are still completely out of the water.

Lake is up 5' this week, registering at 637' and slowly climbing. If predictions of 11' increase are correct, the Boatel at Wreck Alley will be underwater again.

Watch rainfall upstream, that's where it really matters, up to the northwest of Lake Travis.

And this accounts for the delay in the rise - it takes time for the water to collect in the Colorado River and then run down stream.

According to Lake Travis Water Level the lake has come up 6.8 ft so far today. I'm thinking that rip roaring on the Pedernales that c-monkey mentioned might should get the credit for a lot of the rise. Which was caused by runoff over previously soaked ground from prior rains, which were caused by..... :)

For that matter the Bexar Cnty index well is only 1.8ft below Oct avgs, and Spring Lake/San Marcos river is running only 5cfs below avg for this time of year.

The Shaker Plant is sinking fast. :popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom