How's Lake Travis--Ya'll getting any rain?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I might come out and do some more line work if I can get off and get there. What time are y'all going out?

I think I saw you. I was the female wearing the doubles at the table next to you.

Hey there! Nice to put a face with a name. The underwater pumpkin carving went pretty well, once all the people managed to drag themselves out there. We're having a meeting tonight; punctuality is going to be a topic of discussion.

I might come out and do some more line work if I can get off and get there. What time are y'all going out?

The plan was to meet up at Mansfield Damn between 3:45-4:00, trying to be on the boat by 4. That time may be able to be pushed back a little ways if it meant getting you on board for the first dive.

Richard could have made a fortune at WP private if he had installed one of those elevators / lifts that you see a lot of on Possum Kingdom.. I'd happily pay a few bucks each time for a round trip ticket when the lake is low, especially if I were wearing doubles.

Richard could have made a fortune at WP private if he had installed one of those elevators / lifts that you see a lot of on Possum Kingdom.. I'd happily pay a few bucks each time for a round trip ticket when the lake is low, especially if I were wearing doubles.

I prefer Mansfield, really easy to get in the water, visiablility has been great down to 100', we have an annual pass ($75), but you have to think about being lazy.

My dive bubby and I did a giant stride off the boat dock, right in front of a patrol boat. The requirements we were told is no swimming within 50 feet of the boat ramp.

Swimming is prohibited within 50 feet of any public boat ramp. LCRA - Regulations

Windy Point last Sunday: can now giant stride off platform as water is only about a foot below. Viz was terrible, 2-3 feet. Water temp 70 degrees. Richard has moved platforms deeper (35 & 65 feet) and installed new chains to them plus there are more lines run between features so you can still find your way around for the most part. Part of our group went a little deeper (than 70') and said viz was better there. The fish are moving slow and HUNGRY.

Interestingly, the lake is only 8.3ft down for the year, the real culprit was 2008 when the lake lost 26ft and was more than full at the start.

Windy Point last Sunday: can now giant stride off platform as water is only about a foot below. Viz was terrible, 2-3 feet. Water temp 70 degrees. Richard has moved platforms deeper (35 & 65 feet) and installed new chains to them plus there are more lines run between features so you can still find your way around for the most part. Part of our group went a little deeper (than 70') and said viz was better there. The fish are moving slow and HUNGRY.

You folks diving dry yet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom