HOY mga pasaway !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paolov

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
i would like to get feedback from you guys.

say we propose another sub forum wherein we are allowed to use coloquial language and dialects unhindered without violation of TOS.

this sub-forum would be for registration : wherein you have to request permission to join for you to enter, this signifies that the person would like to join in and not complain of the language used but has to go with the flow...

so in effect we will have two PPD sections

1st section where english would be the norm
2nd section : for registration where participants would waive complaints and just bear with it (sort of)

if you guys would like this, we may request a club guide to sort of oversee this club and be the liaison between the Mods.

in this sub forum we may organize it into two sections (as per ishbabys suggestion) as well where there would be the north philippines (Luzon) and the south philippines (visayas and mindanao)

so what would be the title of this sub section ?

make a poll in this thread for the name once we come up with a shortlist of suggestions;

i suggest some names for the sub-forum

1. Barangay Philippines
2. Club Locale
3. Home base

devil's advocate: exclusionary? this may decrease the dynamism of the open section

alternative: egroup? that way we don't have to worry about TOS violations and only open "membership" to those who are really into the whole discussion thing...

my 2 centavos: i vote no

Jag

Make it like the Solo Diving forum.... Notice how the DIR forum (I know some of you lurk there) is always getting slammed but remains open to all but then the Solo diving is a closed comunity.... The threads that wil end up there are the ones that are of local interest....

shugar:
alternative: egroup? that way we don't have to worry about TOS violations and only open "membership" to those who are really into the whole discussion thing...

who will host this egroup?

SB is being generous into providing us this "space" to host this section. so a host gets to offer priveledges and it comes with TOS. it is a free offer.

shugar:
my 2 centavos: i vote no

Jag

no to what?

my devil's advocate issue: do you think this will cause alienation?

I like Bahay Kubo.

The point is that we have received quite a few complaints about 'alienation' as things are now. Some people continue to find the use of local dialects they can't understand very off putting. This solution allows for an area where people who want to can talk in whichever language they wish - without it bothering anyone else. What we need is a name for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom