HOY mga pasaway !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it's not just regarding the dialects though, but regarding Luzon, visayas, mindanao dive sites chuvaness (no specific translation :D) especially on inquiries regarding Puerto Galera, Anilao, etc. . . we make an Archive of it. . .

but I know a lot of you or against it . . so . . . . . whatever hehehe. . :)

you can always set up a new egroup elsewhere.

but SB is offering us server space in adjunct to PPD. in this sub forum, we will be granted some organizing "powers" of our own where we are left alone as long as we do not violate TOS.

chip104:
it can also work in favor - if we get the word out to local divers, there might be a spike in new members... actually, that could be bad also. :)

I really like Bahay Kubo.

(Pao, how's that boothat the dive show? No go?)
people,

remember the sad truth: this is one of the only, if not the ONLY, online exchange of filipino divers where there is no political infighting. why?

heck if i know? maybe it's the fact that we are reverting to ingrained cultural reflexes wherein we ALWAYS put our best face forward when in the presence of "visitors"... garbage gets swept under the rug until the visitor leaves...

the good thing is, because of this, we have not brought in any garbage to this place... of course we've had a few incidents, hell i started 1 or 2 myself, we had the kevrumbo incident, skeptrix and whatever, but nowhere near the crap that goes on in practically every other forum here. at 25000 the MOF thread is a joke, but read back to the 1st 100... what bull is that? the guy asked a question and it turned very ugly very fast. do we have that here? NO

we have received feedback that the PPD is one of the only places left on SB that people still know how to have fun.

so are we going to leave the open forums to look like the general asia or africa forums (read: boooooring) and move to our little cave and do our thing there?

or are we going to continue to show filipinos as being distinctly different on this forum, as having a vibrance and dynamism unmatched by 54000 members - for better or for worse

another alternative is we drop our custom avatars, change our locations, get a dry suit and think about going to cozumel... seems that's what others think we're supposed to do

Jag

i like bahay kubo as well.

before the talk goes awry. lets make it clear. please do not deviate the topic.

the topic for votation is the name : so what would be the title of this sub section ?

the sub section is not segregation : remember we are on SB. and SB is offering server space and resources.

just like the solo section , whoever said it is sort of discrimination? it is not. in this subsection we would be allowed to organize it among ourselves. and that is the main offer.

the main PPD section remains. you can still post. but it is in the subsection that we CAN organize the threads the way we want it to be without requesting mods to do the maintenance.

Maybe I should make a couple of things a bit clearer. This is not only about the PPD forum but as it's a new plan we have to start somewhere and the PPD forum is a natural candidate.
The point of the regional forums is twofold. On the one hand they are to provide a local area where people can socialize etc. However, they are also intended to allow EVERYONE to gain from the local knowledge from any given area. Now some people have no problem with dialects (like Mike), but to put it quite simply - others do. Mostly they don't say much though and just don't visit. I'm quite sure that isn't how the PPDers want to come across to others as you all seem to pride yourselves on your innate hospitality and quite rightly so. What we would like is a totally accessible and open PPD forum where everyone feels completely welcome. What we would also like is for you guys to be able to conduct your social stuff any way that you want. The idea of a sub-forum is simply to create a separate area where you can talk in whatever language you want. The TOS will still apply there - as it does everywhere else on the board - but no-one will be able to complain that they feel left out because they can't understand. It also doesn't mean that you can't continue to make social threads and joke around etc in the main forum. Just that that should then stay in English. As ScubaBoard continues to grow we need to create a model that we can continue to use across the board in the future as well as the need arises. That's what we want to pilot here.

paolov:
i like bahay kubo as well.

before the talk goes awry. lets make it clear. please do not deviate the topic.

the topic for votation is the name : so what would be the title of this sub section ?

the sub section is not segregation : remember we are on SB. and SB is offering server space and resources.

just like the solo section , whoever said it is sort of discrimination? it is not. in this subsection we would be allowed to organize it among ourselves. and that is the main offer.

the main PPD section remains. you can still post. but it is in the subsection that we CAN organize the threads the way we want it to be without requesting mods to do the maintenance.
Ano ba ito sapilitan? Do we have a say on this? to reject or not? claruhin mo nga.

I read you very well, its an opportunity. But do we take it? I'd say maybe or maybe just forget the whole idea. I like our PPD forum the way it is, but thats only me.

Kim:
Maybe I should make a couple of things a bit clearer. This is not only about the PPD forum but as it's a new plan we have to start somewhere and the PPD forum is a natural candidate.
The point of the regional forums is twofold. On the one hand they are to provide a local area where people can socialize etc. However, they are also intended to allow EVERYONE to gain from the local knowledge from any given area. Now some people have no problem with dialects (like Mike), but to put it quite simply - others do. Mostly they don't say much though and just don't visit. I'm quite sure that isn't how the PPDers want to come across to others as you all seem to pride yourselves on your innate hospitality and quite rightly so. What we would like is a totally accessible and open PPD forum where everyone feels completely welcome. What we would also like is for you guys to be able to conduct your social stuff any way that you want. The idea of a sub-forum is simply to create a separate area where you can talk in whatever language you want. The TOS will still apply there - as it does everywhere else on the board - but no-one will be able to complain that they feel left out because they can't understand. It also doesn't mean that you can't continue to make social threads and joke around etc in the main forum. Just that that should then stay in English. As ScubaBoard continues to grow we need to create a model that we can continue to use across the board in the future as well as the need arises. That's what we want to pilot here.
Now that you put it that way, I'd be honored to be part of a pilot study. It's the lab rat I've always wanted to be but could never strive for.

Sure, what the hell. Let's give it a shot. Might as well see what happens. (who wants to see who gets to post the 1st thread in there? :D)

it is an offer from SB, PPD will be used as a model and would be applied to other sections/Clubs if successful.

MAKE IT CLEAR THERE IS NO DISCRIMINATORY FLAVOR TO THIS.

it's just like the main PPD section is the Lobby or the sala or living room

and the sub section is the bedroom.

in the bedroom that is where the club members can be in "their underwear" and since it is your bedroom you can design it whatever you/we like

while the living room is where you receive guests.

what if it's a test case? if it were to be done not just for the PPD but for all other groups as well? we could post tagalog for all we care inside that section...but if the special section doesn't get the attention,postings, threads or whatever it was intended for then what?

personally, i think it's cool that a lot of non-pinoys have been visiting/lurking in the ppd sections as it is. i don't know how the new sub-forum will eventually be used. but if the powers up there do create the sub forums then...bahala na (let's see).

in the case of non-pinoys posting in the PPD sections all i can say is i'll always try to give our friends a fair chance of joining the fun...in the words of dlndavid... "international relations" hehehehe

paolov:
it is an offer from SB, PPD will be used as a model and would be applied to other sections/Clubs if successful.

MAKE IT CLEAR THERE IS NO DISCRIMINATORY FLAVOR TO THIS.

it's just like the main PPD section is the Lobby or the sala or living room

and the sub section is the bedroom.

in the bedroom that is where the club members can be in "their underwear" and since it is your bedroom you can design it whatever you/we like

while the living room is where you receive guests.
pasaway talaga, pao! first day back at SB and the kettle is back on the stove! :)

ps I love you. Thanks for last night. xoxoxo :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom